Bengals' Andre Smith Injured and Done For Season

cooperstown

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/football/bengals/bengals-rt-andre-smith-has-broken-foot

The continuing disappointment that is Andre Smith has just gotten worse. Don't hear many stories about linemen having so much trouble with broken bones in their feet. It probably doesn't have anything to do with him being fat and out of shape. This guy has been a collosal bust. :irked:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/football/bengals/bengals-rt-andre-smith-has-broken-foot

The continuing disappointment that is Andre Smith has just gotten worse. Don't hear many stories about linemen having so much trouble with broken bones in their feet. It probably doesn't have anything to do with him being fat and out of shape. This guy has been a collosal bust. :irked:

I don't think the "out of shape" aspect (which he clearly is) would have any impact on the bones in his feet. He just has too much weight for his bones.

They both are awful. Smith just isn't athletic enough to have good technique with his feet. He is way to slow and gets his weight out in front of his feet..

No Roland is terrible, Smith did a decent job when he was in. He has his bad moments of course but overall he did OK.

It's apparent he's overweight but didn't he have his foot stepped on by a defender? To me that's just bad luck considering it's a completely different bone in the same foot. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he never pans out, it seems to be a major trend for their draft picks. How many times have they botched the draft? I know hindsight is 20/20 but Steven Jackson and DeSean Jackson would look much better than Chris Perry and Jerome Simpson at this point. I wouldn't mind having the Blindside either.

I have also seen him pancaked and rolling around the field. He nees to get himself in shape to play in this league.

If you want to see an offensive lineman get tossed like a rag doll, watch Roland the rest of the year. I have never seen an NFL lineman get blown off the ball like Roland does. Smith was a big improvement over him. Definitely a work in progress, but much better than Roland. I want to see Anthony Collins get another shot at it. He can do no worse than Roland.