The KHSAA 6 Class Playoff system is a...

...fraudulent joke, a fiasco of epic proportions, of t-ball mentality and should be abolished.

The average margin of defeat in the first round was near an average of 35 points.

The powers that be can't really think this is a good thing. You have bad teams who wish their season had ended weeks ago and you force them to travel to gosh forsaken places to serve as cannon fodder for home crowds.

How is this good?

How do you think the supporters of Shawnee feel? Can't even field a team and are in the playoffs.

2-8 teams traveling two hours plus to play playoff games.

It is simply an abomination.

Play an 8-9 game regular season schedule and let everyone in.

Just euthanize the system please.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...fraudulent joke, a fiasco of epic proportions, of t-ball mentality and should be abolished.

The average margin of defeat in the first round was near an average of 35 points.

The powers that be can't really think this is a good thing. You have bad teams who wish their season had ended weeks ago and you force them to travel to gosh forsaken places to serve as cannon fodder for home crowds.

How is this good?

How do you think the supporters of Shawnee feel? Can't even field a team and are in the playoffs.

2-8 teams traveling two hours plus to play playoff games.

It is simply an abomination.

Play an 8-9 game regular season schedule and let everyone in.

Just euthanize the system please.

Spot on!!

So what do you say to a team like Fort Knox that knocked off #1 seed Glasgow...do you take that away from the kids just because some teams get beat badly in the first round? Look at other states...the same thing happens there too. There will be some upsets every year from 4's over 1's and 3's over 2's, so why eliminate those kids over some lopsided scores?

When was the ast time a 3 or 4 seed won a state championship or even made it to the semi finals?

I agree, and even if they did, then they got hot in the playoffs. Then the regular season and the "big matchups" mean nothing.

When was the ast time a 3 or 4 seed won a state championship or even made it to the semi finals?

Actually Simon Kenton made it to the 6A championship game as a 4 seed in 2008. They got blasted out of existence by Trinity in the first half and the second half was a feel good love fest to give everyone a chance to play but they were a 4 seed in the championship game none the less.

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Another one? My goodness, how many people are going to start threads on this subject. Ok, if we are going to beat the dead horse, I guess I will pull out my reply ... again.

I am all for streamlining the football playoffs ... as soon as we also eliminate basketball district tournaments. Who wants to see an 80-20 basketball game? Why should basketball teams that are 2-20 be allowed in the "playoffs" (i.e. district tournament). Let's eliminate basketball district tournaments and just take the top 2 winners of the regular season district games and put them in the regional. When this happens in basketball ... and baseball ... and soccer ... and etc. .... then I will say let's cut back the football playoffs.