Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Rule

Featured Replies

Seems rather silly to me. If any make sense though, it'd be the 3rd. Don't believe these were necessary though...

  • Replies 48
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good changes, I don't mind the Technical but the coach shouldn't have to be seated the rest of the game, and certainly not ejected on a second technical in this case.

 

It's a rule and if the coach can't follow it, he/she should suffer the consequences. Change your pre-game rituals and it won't be a problem.

  • Author
Good changes, I don't mind the Technical but the coach shouldn't have to be seated the rest of the game, and certainly not ejected on a second technical in this case.

 

Same consequence as if a player dunks/grasps rim in warm-ups.

I like the rules. Mind your own business; don't taunt the opponent. Can't a team get just as fired up near their own bench as mid-court?

I always worry when someone says that.

 

You should.

I've never witnessed an issue during the lap, and I don't see why they can't use the full court if it's open. I could care less about #3.

I like the rules. Mind your own business; don't taunt the opponent. Can't a team get just as fired up near their own bench as mid-court?

 

Absolutely. Great response.

I dont think any of theses rules were needed. Were the coaches or Athletic directors involved. How are these rules determined. Hate it in when old suits make rules for the game without involving the people directly involved. Be interested to see a poll of coaches who want these rules.

I agree

These rules are the beginning of what is taking place in football right now also. The penalties for excessive celebration etc.! I know some of the problems with taunting and poor sportsmanship are bad, but it is also good that teams have a little bit of gamesmanship toward one another. Sports at the high school level and above are competitive, and when people are being competitive emotions come out. I think emotions need to be expressed in sports as part of lifes learning curve. Most coaches tell players how sports emulate life lessons, well learning how to deal with ones emotions is a life lesson and if we keep young people from expressing them how, will they be able to learn right from wrong. When players show poor sportsmanship penalize the individual not the entire group. The more rules put in place like this the worse it will be for sports in general.

  • Author
I dont think any of theses rules were needed. Were the coaches or Athletic directors involved. How are these rules determined. Hate it in when old suits make rules for the game without involving the people directly involved. Be interested to see a poll of coaches who want these rules.

 

I'm not sure if the coaches were involved in the decision, but I think these things needed to be addressed. At some schools, the pre-game "stuff" was starting to get out of hand. It was more like an NBA game than a high school game.

I just found out a couple of days ago of a new rule for KY that will affect many teams I believe.

Teams are no longer allowed to do the following acts of "unsportsman-like" behaviors before the game:

1. Run on other teams end during warm-ups. In other words when a team comes out and does a lap around the court. That is now illegal.

2. If Team A leaves the court during warm-ups, Team B cannot use Team A's end to do drills, such as the weave.

3. Teams are not allowed to gather at halfcourt after player introductions and do "their thing." They may gather in front of their own bench.

 

All 3 of these will result in a technical foul on the HC and he/she will be placed in the seat belt for the entire game (just like grasping the rim during warm-ups).

 

Thoughts?

 

Rule #1 discriminates against players (such as myself back in the day) who got the bulk of their exercise on game night by taking the come-out-of-the-locker-room-lap.:D

I'm not sure if the coaches were involved in the decision, but I think these things needed to be addressed. At some schools, the pre-game "stuff" was starting to get out of hand. It was more like an NBA game than a high school game.

 

I keep reminding myself that these rules are on the national level. I agree some teams try to act like an NBA team.

Rule 1. How is this going to be enforced. Most teams are on the floor before the referees come out.

Rule 2. Not for sure about this one. I guess maybe if the team comes back out while I am running full court drills.

Rule 3. I agree with it being in front of your own bench. I don't like this "SHOW". It is no longer about pumping up your teammates, it is about putting on a show.

Just feel like its more un neccessary rules to be enforced. Officials are not going to enforce it consistently just like they dont enforce dunking in the warm-ups. Officials dont come out usually til around the 15 minute mark. They usually stand in the hall way and know that teams are dunking but dont want to come out and assess a "T". Cant wait for the other team to go to the locker room and a loose ball goes to the other end and some young Frosh or Soph goes and gets it shoots a layup and returns to the other end and an official assess a "T" and the coach sits. This will cause more problems than the rule is designed to fix. Does a coach really deserve a "T" for that. What if the official doesnt call it and the other team brings it to to the refs attention. I can live with not getting in a circle at center court but this one is just needless.

  • Author
Just feel like its more un neccessary rules to be enforced. Officials are not going to enforce it consistently just like they dont enforce dunking in the warm-ups. Officials dont come out usually til around the 15 minute mark. They usually stand in the hall way and know that teams are dunking but dont want to come out and assess a "T". Cant wait for the other team to go to the locker room and a loose ball goes to the other end and some young Frosh or Soph goes and gets it shoots a layup and returns to the other end and an official assess a "T" and the coach sits. This will cause more problems than the rule is designed to fix. Does a coach really deserve a "T" for that. What if the official doesnt call it and the other team brings it to to the refs attention. I can live with not getting in a circle at center court but this one is just needless.

 

Not sure where you are watching games ,but the pre-game dunk is being watch very carefully where I am from.

As far as that freshman going down and getting that loose ball and shooting a lay-up, I think most officials (not all) will use some common sense (hopefully) if something like this happens.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.