Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Rule

Featured Replies

They dont in Jeff.Co. and if they dont come out until the 15 min mark how will they enforce the rule that says you cant run on the other ends floor. Again, when you say use common sense you open the rule up to not being enforced consistently. Some officials will go straight by the book and some will use common sense.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rule #1 discriminates against players (such as myself back in the day) who got the bulk of their exercise on game night by taking the come-out-of-the-locker-room-lap.:D
:lol: Randy, you're one of my faves!
:lol: Randy, you're one of my faves!

 

Happy to oblige! Sadly, the statement I made is very much truthful--at least for my playing days.

Not sure where you are watching games ,but the pre-game dunk is being watch very carefully where I am from.

As far as that freshman going down and getting that loose ball and shooting a lay-up, I think most officials (not all) will use some common sense (hopefully) if something like this happens.

 

If you're not allowed to dunk during warmups then why is it ok to dunk in a game. I don't quite understand this.

If you're not allowed to dunk during warmups then why is it ok to dunk in a game. I don't quite understand this.

Totally agree. Silly rule IMO.

We need less rules and more basketball.

  • Author
If you're not allowed to dunk during warmups then why is it ok to dunk in a game. I don't quite understand this.

 

I don't know the real answer to why that is. Maybe one of the "old-timers" on here can help us out. I'm guessing it has something to do with protecting the playing equipment before the actual start of the game. That's a total guess.

  • Author
They dont in Jeff.Co. and if they dont come out until the 15 min mark how will they enforce the rule that says you cant run on the other ends floor. Again, when you say use common sense you open the rule up to not being enforced consistently. Some officials will go straight by the book and some will use common sense.

 

It will be interesting to see how this new procedure is handled throughout the state, that's for sure.

I don't know the real answer to why that is. Maybe one of the "old-timers" on here can help us out. I'm guessing it has something to do with protecting the playing equipment before the actual start of the game. That's a total guess.

Makes a little sense, as this rule has been around before most places had break away rims.

Makes a little sense, as this rule has been around before most places had break away rims.

 

Most teams dunk until the officials come on the court, then they don't because of the penalty and the game starts and they they're allowed to dunk again.

#1 just remember these are "National Rules" not just for around here, I know for a fact that way too much "staring down" and "taunting" goes on to the point that it causes major problems, so now you get the rule for everyone, I'm sure it goes on here too some places.

#2 I believe that is for safety reasons such as being away from the other teams student sections thar are crazy at some places and for those other great Athletes that like to perform on their side of the floor when their teams go into the locker room, yes "the cheerleaders"... so teams must stay on their end.

#3 To many teams are gathering at center court and putting on a show and that is not what this game is about, if they want to do something goofy, let them do it in front of their own bench...

 

Dunking in warm ups: definitely illegal because of safety, many possiblities of injury for even attempting to dunk for some of theise kids, and also to protect against bending or breaking the rums, break away rims also break

I will show my age, but I remember when the players had to raise their hand each time a foul was called on them. If you didn't you were given a T. Ah....the good old days....

I will show my age, but I remember when the players had to raise their hand each time a foul was called on them. If you didn't you were given a T. Ah....the good old days....

 

Yes and I remember some stare downs by referees waiting on that hand to be raised. I also remember if your best player was in foul trouble other players raising their hands trying to get the foul called on them.

Yes and I remember some stare downs by referees waiting on that hand to be raised. I also remember if your best player was in foul trouble other players raising their hands trying to get the foul called on them.

 

 

Yes, some teams were very bad for that. I remember my husband getting a T in the state tourney because...he did raise his hand, but brought it down real fast ...still hard to believe the ref called a T. I had not even met him at that time.

One act that I've seen create some intense moments on more than one occasion, yet wasn't mentioned is when the coach of one team holds the players in the 'tunnel' area and has them wait to run out just as their opponents are, meaning they meet at half court, and one has to give way to the other eventually. Doesn't seem like the best idea in a smaller, crowded gym between two schools with teams, fans, etc. that dislike one another. Even under this rule, nothing stops two teams from storming out and at each other with only the half-court line separating them.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.