Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Rule

Featured Replies

I just found out a couple of days ago of a new rule for KY that will affect many teams I believe.

Teams are no longer allowed to do the following acts of "unsportsman-like" behaviors before the game:

1. Run on other teams end during warm-ups. In other words when a team comes out and does a lap around the court. That is now illegal.

2. If Team A leaves the court during warm-ups, Team B cannot use Team A's end to do drills, such as the weave.

3. Teams are not allowed to gather at halfcourt after player introductions and do "their thing." They may gather in front of their own bench.

 

All 3 of these will result in a technical foul on the HC and he/she will be placed in the seat belt for the entire game (just like grasping the rim during warm-ups).

 

Thoughts?

  • Replies 48
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably some good changes but it will effect alot of teams.

What is wrong with #1? If it is the home team, they should be allowed to do that.

 

I agree with Sumo, it is going to affect a lot of teams.

  • Author
What is wrong with #1? If it is the home team, they should be allowed to do that.

 

I agree with Sumo, it is going to affect a lot of teams.

 

I think a lot of bad things were happening when teams were running on the other teams end. Pushing, tripping, taunting.

NFHS must have had alot of complaints to put these in. I have watched many games when the team comes out and circles the whole playing floor and the opposing team starts yelling and taunting as well as the team circling the floor..

I think the coaches need to be more involved in this rule and take care of it...

Good changes imo.

Good changes, I don't mind the Technical but the coach shouldn't have to be seated the rest of the game, and certainly not ejected on a second technical in this case.

I like the rules, BUT most officals don't come out until there are 15:00 on the clock. From a fans stands point, no big deal.

 

Correct so the lap would not be witnessed.

My question is why do some coaches do this if they know it can present a potential problem? May tell you a little bit about the coach. If you can't control them or they can't ignore the other teams taunts then the coaches should change their warm-up routine.

My question is why do some coaches do this if they know it can present a potential problem? May tell you a little bit about the coach. If you can't control them or they can't ignore the other teams taunts then the coaches should change their warm-up routine.

 

I'll be honest. I've been attending games since the 70s. I don't recall ever seeing a pre-game problem due to the lap.

I can see where in some situatations these rules were needed. I hope that ALL refs will enforce them across the state.

I'll be honest. I've been attending games since the 70s. I don't recall ever seeing a pre-game problem due to the lap.

 

I always worry when someone says that.

# 1 and # 2 are ridiculous and #3 is okay by me.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.