Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Xavier / Trinity predictions

Which team will win? 99 members have voted

  1. 1. Which team will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Well we can't even begin to expect to have as many as the perennial powerhouse known as Simon Kenton.

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

  • Replies 113
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell us about T's wide receivers? Who are they and how are they fairing this year? I have heard about one but his name is escaping me at this time.

Come on Jimmy. You (and Ox and Park1221) normally base your posts on facts and have valid points. Do you want to tell the whole story about the D-I kids from Trinity...? Of the 15 players you listed, 11 are walk-ons. Last I checked, a walk-on is open to all. Moreover, of the 4 scholarship players, one is a kicker and one is a long snapper.

 

You also conspicuousy failed to post many X players. Here's a "slightly" more updated list, including many members of X's 2009 title team:

 

Duece Finch Boston College

Trevor Foy Purdue

Vic Anderson Louisville

Stephen Goodwin Louisville

Nick Heuser Louisville

Paul Belshoff Louisville

John Clark Louisville

Nick Egart Louisville

Matt Smith Kentucky

Jon Thomas Kentucky

Wil Simmons WKU

Nick Baisch WKU

Zane Karrer WKU

Derrick Elder WKU

Brian Noltemeyer EKU

Nic Sears EKU

Wyatt Gray EKU

Josh Jordan Georgetown

Seth Harvey Georgetown

Austin Jones Centre

Luke Irvin Centre

Ben Zoeller Wittenberg

Daniel Passafiume Hanover

 

Now tell us again, what doesn't match up?

 

Couldn't have put it better myself!!

Trinity by 7.

Notice that only once before 2004 did St. X put up over 20 points. Anything to do with Terry Bean being the D Coordinator at Trinity after 2003???

 

I think of greater importance is the fact that St. X had players such as Victor Anderson, Brent Curley, Deuce Finch, Jeremiah Neal, Brian Buehner, and now LaMont McMurry and Daylen Hall plus tremendous offensive lines. Their spread offense has been hard to contain when their quarterback has speed.

Think "Quick"-ly TD

CR:

Thanks for the update. I didn't do enough research but I stand corrected. I will comment that fewer St X grads will find the field than those mighty Rocks. And how you come in doesn't mean that you aren't a good player. Stein and Kupper have scholarships now. A couple of those kids have bounced around so thank you for keeping up with St X athletics. I can probably get you a really nice green and gold shirt if you want.....

Jimmy Ref, You really need to get a new slogan, you have burned that one out. (JUST LUCKY TO BE ON THE SAME FIELD). I have heard it for about 10 years from baseball, basketball and football. I am sure that you have another one in you vocabulary, so break it out big fella.

 

I am also a bit shocked that your post was so inaccurate about players from T & X playing collage ball, you must be just getting old. And another thing let the T & X rain game go away, just let it go, the Rocks were just about to put a whippen on the Tigers, just let it go Jimmy it will be ok.

Let go? What about having a broom from the year before the rain game as your avatar? Not What-a fan but you know who you are. Who's letting go after 5 years? What side is bringing up last year's state game the most in conversation-not in the final score but one play in the 120 plays in the state final game. LIke its pay back time. We tried something different last year- No "Finish', no "tradition never graduates" , just win the game. Last year it worked.

 

This year's another year. Edge to the Mighty Rocks because Travis Wright is the BEST CSAA QB I've seen in my 14 years calling games. ( Brohm played tackle for St Bernard) Coach Meiners at St Pats allowed him to use his talent and he is a great fit for the Trinity offense. Why do you take a chance on sitting your senior and junior quarterbacks unless the kid can play.

Now I have always disagreed with the risk of playing your backup QB in the JV game and with Cody Wolfe getting hurt last week, it almost caught the Rocks last Friday. It won't this week as Bishop can run, Quick can catch, and Wright can throw and run. My prediction-28-17 Rocks causing the Rocks fans to stay in their seats well into the 4th quarter for the first time in the regular season game since 2004.

 

New slogan-Power to the Shun- and the Shamhorns- WE ARE ONE TEAM NOW!

Since leaving the Rock, Dane Spoelker has started every game for Centre College. Somebody better put him on the list of college players before he gets mad and tackles a ST.X star at the goal line..... again......

I am also a bit shocked that your post was so inaccurate about players from T & X playing collage ball, you must be just getting old.

 

I believe it's getting old-er! I was already old...

Better get with the Rocks SID. The twitter updates at trinitysports didn't list the big guy. Had to bring up the tackle again.....ugh!!!!

Wow! Just as I suspected, Trinity a heavy favorite to win. I wonder what percentage of the time these BGP polls get it right?

Since leaving the Rock, Dane Spoelker has started every game for Centre College. Somebody better put him on the list of college players before he gets mad and tackles a ST.X star at the goal line..... again......

 

Perfect example of the most talented team/player not always walking out on top. Hmmm...maybe a little bit of foreshadowing.

Since leaving the Rock, Dane Spoelker has started every game for Centre College. Somebody better put him on the list of college players before he gets mad and tackles a ST.X star at the goal line..... again......

 

When I posted my comment I had thought that somewhere I had read Dane's name, and indeed Jimmyref listed Dane in his second narrative paragraph but not in his itemized list... Dane has indeed had a stellar career at Centre and should not be left off.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.