Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Xavier / Trinity predictions

Which team will win? 99 members have voted

  1. 1. Which team will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Does anyone know the point average for each meeting over the last 10 years?

 

I checked the KHSAA site which has the score back to 1998. Here you go:

1998 X 13 - T 9 2004 X 36 - T 18

1999 X 28 - T 14 2005 X 48 - T 16 and X 6 - T 14

2000 X14 - T 27 2006 X 0 - T 10 rain game

2001 X 14 - T 7 2007 X 24 - T15 and X 28 - T 34 ovetime

2002 X 0 - T 16 2008 X 30 - T 6 and X 21 - T 28

2009 X 32 - T 7 and X 34 - T 10

Total of 17 games since 1998. The won/loss record stands at X - 9 wins and T with 8 wins. Can't get any closer than this! A really surprising stat is that St. X has outscored Trinity's offfense by a combined 348 points to 265 points in these 17 games. An average of X @ 20.5 points per game to T's 15.6 points per game. Something that is really intriguing is X has scored over 20 points in nine of these games and Trinity has scored over 20 points only three times in 17 games. Really wouldn't have predicted that beforehand! Maybe we ought to be talking about how defense comes into play again this Friday night. These numbers tell me that X's defense may be the huge factor again.

 

2003 X 6 - T17 and X 14 - T17

  • Replies 113
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just happy that BGP can boast a T and/or X thread that has legs.

 

As someone said earlier, a lot depends on the T QB situation.

Tigers find a way to win 24-21.

"Tearful Tigers"... Classy post PepRock. Good thing you have perspective that these are kids....

 

Not sure what to expect with X just yet. It sounds like we are getting healthy but tough to be 100% first couple games back.

 

Go Tigers

Any word on the status of Wright? That will be a huge factor in the performance of the offense.

I understand that I used downpour and you used rainout. Rainout means no complete game was played so I will go with your interpretation. Okay , no complete game in 2006, so did you win in 2005 regular season? 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009. It's been a long time since St Bernard's Brian Brohm played. So the regular season game means nothing to the 35K witnesses? Really?

 

For me, I'll take the title over the scrimmage, hands down. Does the regular season game mean nothing? No, but it is much more fun beating X for the state title. I am sure there are many who would disagree, but this is just my humble opinion. I love how the X fans are still are crowing about the rain game. Getting totally dominated and then complaining that the game was not completed. How convenient.

For me, I'll take the title over the scrimmage, hands down. Does the regular season game mean nothing? No, but it is much more fun beating X for the state title. I am sure there are many who would disagree, but this is just my humble opinion. I love how the X fans are still are crowing about the rain game. Getting totally dominated and then complaining that the game was not completed. How convenient.

 

I was sick that that game ended early. X was headed for the biggest beating from Trinity they had ever received.

T wins 28-21

I was sick that that game ended early. X was headed for the biggest beating from Trinity they had ever received.

 

It sure felt that way didn't it?

I believe that:

 

St. Xavier leads all games played between the two schools 36 wins, 31 losses and 2 ties.

St. Xavier leads the rilvalry games 29 wins, 23 losses and 2 ties.

 

Can some one verify this for me? Thanks.

 

I will wait to later on to predict the score in this one. Injuries and personnel changes have come to play a bigger part in this game than I blelieve any one here expected. It will be interesting to see how the players for both teams step up. I do not feel this week that any of the players on either side will have a problem rising to the occasion.

I believe that:

 

St. Xavier leads all games played between the two schools 36 wins, 31 losses and 2 ties.

St. Xavier leads the rilvalry games 29 wins, 23 losses and 2 ties.

 

Can some one verify this for me? Thanks.

 

I will wait to later on to predict the score in this one. Injuries and personnel changes have come to play a bigger part in this game than I blelieve any one here expected. It will be interesting to see how the players for both teams step up. I do not feel this week that any of the players on either side will have a problem rising to the occasion.

 

 

Are the X starters who have been out most of the season playing? With their return and question marks around Travis Wright, this could lead to the Tigers being favored.

I believe that:

 

St. Xavier leads all games played between the two schools 36 wins, 31 losses and 2 ties.

St. Xavier leads the rilvalry games 29 wins, 23 losses and 2 ties.

 

Can some one verify this for me? Thanks.

 

I will wait to later on to predict the score in this one. Injuries and personnel changes have come to play a bigger part in this game than I blelieve any one here expected. It will be interesting to see how the players for both teams step up. I do not feel this week that any of the players on either side will have a problem rising to the occasion.

 

I believe in trophies and rings, not shillelaghs...

Are the X starters who have been out most of the season playing? With their return and question marks around Travis Wright, this could lead to the Tigers being favored.

 

One starting running back returning, the other no longer with team as of last week. Leading receiver out. Defense all should be back, hopefully at 100%.

I believe that:

 

St. Xavier leads all games played between the two schools 36 wins, 31 losses and 2 ties.

St. Xavier leads the rilvalry games 29 wins, 23 losses and 2 ties.

 

Can some one verify this for me? Thanks.

 

I will wait to later on to predict the score in this one. Injuries and personnel changes have come to play a bigger part in this game than I blelieve any one here expected. It will be interesting to see how the players for both teams step up. I do not feel this week that any of the players on either side will have a problem rising to the occasion.

I believe that you are correct as to the series lead. In the first 20 years of the series, through 1975, X built a 10 game lead. In the past 35 years, Trinity has cut the lead to 5. It won't take another 35 years to eliminate the lead. Current X coach Mike Glaser has a losing record against Trinity (18-21). Current Trinity coach Bob Beatty has a winning record against X (8-6).

 

I do think that recent developments regarding injuries and illness make this game much harder to predict. Travis Wright has done a great job in making the complicated Shamrock offense go. If he isn't able to go Friday it will make things tough on the offense and the defense will need to really step up. X is getting key players back from injury just in time for the big game. It will be fun.

Are the X starters who have been out most of the season playing? With their return and question marks around Travis Wright, this could lead to the Tigers being favored.

Do you realize how much you sound like Coach Lou Holtz? Aren't the Rocks getting people back at the QB position? Tigers being favored? Are you kidding me? Cincy St X 32- Lou St X 13. Cinti St X 17 Trinity 10 with a chance to tie it on the last drive. More KY top 50 players, more talent overall, 2 and 3 dimensional offense, etc

 

Fact is, Trinity has 15 division 1 players in College right now plus 3 more listed below plus the ones playing from Centre, (Spoelker, Grant, Saylor, ) St X had NO ONE play college ball last year off their championship team. The thing about St X being the more talented team doesn't match up in Division 1 athletes on both teams.

 

NOTABLE FORMER SHAMROCKS

CURRENTLY PLAYING COLLEGE FOOTBALL

• Ryan Tydlacka, Kentucky

• Alex Dutton, Kentucky

• Nathan Dutton, Kentucky

• Luke McDermott, Kentucky

• Nick Melillo, Kentucky

• Will Stein, Louisville

• Agyei Williams, Louisville

• Blayne Donnell, Louisville

• Alex Kupper, Louisville

• Scott Radcliff, Louisville

• Dylan Kupper, Eastern Kentucky

• Jesse Schmitt, Purdue

• Sam Robey, Florida

• Jordan Whiting, Ohio State

• John King, Murray State

• William Leach, Kentucky State

• Cameron Smyth, Georgetown College

• Brock Messina, Georgetown College

 

X's list

Matt Smith UK

Vic Anderson UL

Will Simmons-Western Ky

Duece Finch-BC

Ben Zoeller Wittenberg-Division 3

Daniel Passafiume-Hanover-Divison 3

 

I think St X is just honored to be on the same field with so much talent......

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.