Mayfield 75 Fulton County 6

WKYfootballguy

Coach Morris can't NOT tell kids to score, but only ran about 5 plays in 4th quarter...Mayfield runs up middle every play of second half I believe

*Mayfield gets 6 Int's in first half

*6 TD's for first team on 13 plays

*Fulton County dresses 13 players

*JV & Frosh run up middle entire second half

*Mayfield had to TRY HARD NOT TO SCORE...Hat's off to the Mayfield team!

I trully believe this may be one of Mayfields best teams ever. I realize they weren't playing much competition tonight, but, offensively, this team can strike from anywhere anytime and do so with a plethora of players. Last years team had a very good offense, but, you could stop a Shelton and Murrell and they didn't have alot of other options. This years team has 3 or 4 very skilled runners and 3 or 4 very skilled receivers and Guhys now a sr QB and has taken the reigns of a leader behind center. In addition, all but 2 linemen are back from last year and they have some good looking kids replacing them. There defense is better and there depth is alot better than they've had in quite sometime. This could end up being a very special team when all's said and done and anything less than a title will most certainly be a huge disappointment.

It was 42-6 just 4 minutes into the game and 55-6 after 1 quarter. There will likely be another game just like this one when Mayfield takes on the other Fulton, who coincidentally dresses only 17 players. Good news Caverna, you're off the hook for most points given up to Mayfield during last year's 70-0 playoff game.

Coach Morris can't NOT tell kids to score, but only ran about 5 plays in 4th quarter...Mayfield runs up middle every play of second half I believe

*Mayfield gets 6 Int's in first half

*6 TD's for first team on 13 plays

*Fulton County dresses 13 players

*JV & Frosh run up middle entire second half

*Mayfield had to TRY HARD NOT TO SCORE...Hat's off to the Mayfield team!

Actually Mayfield scored TD's on the first play of its first 6 drives and on the 7th drive it took 2 plays. Mayfield kept starters in until they hit 42 and I felt they should have pulled them sooner. Fulton County did in fact only dress 13 players. Mayfield did run up the middle with the jv in the late 3rd and all of the 4th. This was the earliest running clock I can ever recall, it began with 4:52 to go in the first quarter.

I trully believe this may be one of Mayfields best teams ever. I realize they weren't playing much competition tonight, but, offensively, this team can strike from anywhere anytime and do so with a plethora of players. Last years team had a very good offense, but, you could stop a Shelton and Murrell and they didn't have alot of other options. This years team has 3 or 4 very skilled runners and 3 or 4 very skilled receivers and Guhys now a sr QB and has taken the reigns of a leader behind center. In addition, all but 2 linemen are back from last year and they have some good looking kids replacing them. There defense is better and there depth is alot better than they've had in quite sometime. This could end up being a very special team when all's said and done and anything less than a title will most certainly be a huge disappointment.

I can see a state final with New Cath.....that would be a heck of a game!

Is it really that impressive to beat a team convincingly that only dresses 13 players...Food for thought SK beat a full squad 6a Conner 48 to 7, Lex Cath routed Lex Christian, Pineville routed Pikeville and there are many more examples of blowouts in games against full squads...Fulton County only had enough for two subs the whole game on either side of the ball I mean C'mon...Mayfield is good but this game does nothing for me