Mayfield 75 Fulton County 6

WKYfootballguy

Is it really that impressive to beat a team convincingly that only dresses 13 players...Food for thought SK beat a full squad 6a Conner 48 to 7, Lex Cath routed Lex Christian, Pineville routed Pikeville and there are many more examples of blowouts in games against full squads...Fulton County only had enough for two subs the whole game on either side of the ball I mean C'mon...Mayfield is good but this game does nothing for me

This game does nothing for me either and nothing in my statement has anything to do with tonights game. They have played 5 other games and been equally impressive and these teams dressed from 60 to 80 kids and were pretty solid ball clubs.

Is it really that impressive to beat a team convincingly that only dresses 13 players...Food for thought SK beat a full squad 6a Conner 48 to 7, Lex Cath routed Lex Christian, Pineville routed Pikeville and there are many more examples of blowouts in games against full squads...Fulton County only had enough for two subs the whole game on either side of the ball I mean C'mon...Mayfield is good but this game does nothing for me

:ylsuper:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:ylsuper:

Guys I've said it lots of times this season. Mayfield IMO is the best team in 1A. But lets not get carried away here! A lot of season left. I think there is even three or four playoff games to play!! This team is giving up over 52 points per game. So I'm sure most were subbing early just like Mayfield. So for a really good team to score 23 more points on a team of 13 is not all that impressive. Fairview is in the top 10. They are 6-0. Played Paris last night. Score at the half, 49-0. Game ended the same. I'm sure they could of rang up 100 on them just like you could have FCHS. Paris dressed 15 players. Both Paris and Fulton Co are at the bottom of class 1A. Does Fairview deserve to be #1or 2 in the state. NO! In six games the total wins of all the teams they have played is I believe is four. Not a very tough schedule. On the other hand should Beechwood be punished for playing such a tough schedule and losing to a couple #1 teams in larger classes? It's just that these schools need to think about droping out of FB a couple years. Lots of really good teams in 1A. I think by 2nd round in the playoffs. Mayfield will really have to play their best OR..........

Mayfield you are the best 1A team in the state this year. IMO. But just like last year 99% of the people west of Lexington thought Mayfield was #1. 99% was wrong. This year the same!! Now prove everyone right. I don't think any of these schools are going to hand over that trophy without a fight to the finish. Keep your team level headed. And you may win #8!!!:notworthy::thumb:

Ram, I was thinking the same thing. I've seen some lopsided scores this week, and wondering if these schools really need to drop the footbal program.

Too bad that there is no 8-man football league. I could see many smaller schools switching to some form of football before completely dropping it.

This game does nothing for me either and nothing in my statement has anything to do with tonights game. They have played 5 other games and been equally impressive and these teams dressed from 60 to 80 kids and were pretty solid ball clubs.
Mayfield beat a 6A Graves Co. and the defending champs in Paducah Tilghman.......next.