What do you do when the football team you follow has a bye week?

leatherneck

Highlands bye is October 8th. In years past, I've usually gone with some buddies to watch a likely playoff opponent play. Drove to Bowling Green one year and drove to Paintsville to watch Johnson Central play a couple of times. This year, I'm heading to Ashland to watch the Tom Cats take on Johnson Central, although it would be fun attending the Ft. Thomas Junior Football League games that night at DCM under the lights (which I'd encourage all Highlands fans attend in order to support the young ones playing if you are going to be in town. The kids will have to get a kick out of playing under the lights on Highlands field).

What do others do when your football team has a bye?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch SK beat Ryle!!!

I think LN's question was "What do others do when YOUR football team has a bye?"

Now how can you watch your team -- SK for the newer BGP members out there -- beat Ryle if they're on a bye? I know you're suggesting that anyone with a bye on Oct. 8th come see SK play Ryle.

What do YOU do uk#1fan when SK is on a bye?

I think LN's question was "What do others do when YOUR football team has a bye?"

Now how can you watch your team -- SK for the newer BGP members out there -- beat Ryle if they're on a bye? I know you're suggesting that anyone with a bye on Oct. 8th come see SK play Ryle.

What do YOU do uk#1fan when SK is on a bye?

He's probably serious. He'll probably watch last year's televised game that he recorded on his VCR.

Having a bye week means we get to go see some of our friends' kids that are playing for other schools in the area. Hoping to find a good game that week from either NewCath, Campbell County or Brossart OR we may go see Ryle beat up on Simon Kenton so we can watch my friend's daughter cheer for the Pioneers. Haven't looked at the schedules yet.

• 3 weeks later...
I never get invited to go on the football bye week road trips with the boys so I have to take my own road trip.:irked:

Let me guess......White Sulpher Springs, WV....:thumb: My mom is getting ready to make a 2 day trip there as well with some friends.:thumb: