What do you do when the football team you follow has a bye week?

leatherneck

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stay at home with the wife and kids to earn browny points so I can continue going to the games.
Smart man right here!! If only the wife could find something to do, I might consider it. HA! Don't forget Saturday night Bishop Brossart vs. Walton Verona at Newport Stadium at 7pm. I think this game is going to have a playoff feel to it since both teams are fighting for the 2nd. place in the district. Walton controls its own destiny but Brossart is MORE than capable of beating them. I think it has the possibility of being the game of the week. And, it would be nice to see a big crowd since I've been to two saturday night games down there and no more than 3 or 400 people went to the two games i attended. Walton has two former Highlands boys coaching so I would assume there will be plenty of other blue and white fans watching since it's alot closer than walton and on saturday night. Good luck to both teams, should be a good one.

Highlands bye is October 8th. In years past, I've usually gone with some buddies to watch a likely playoff opponent play. Drove to Bowling Green one year and drove to Paintsville to watch Johnson Central play a couple of times. This year, I'm heading to Ashland to watch the Tom Cats take on Johnson Central, although it would be fun attending the Ft. Thomas Junior Football League games that night at DCM under the lights (which I'd encourage all Highlands fans attend in order to support the young ones playing if you are going to be in town. The kids will have to get a kick out of playing under the lights on Highlands field).

What do others do when your football team has a bye?

Just heard from my source that the game on Friday @ 7:30 between the 7&8 grade Red/Blue will be shown live on beauhoge.com

Also heard that Merril and his Beau(QB) are supposed to be "Mic'd"up(SP) so you can hear all the live action.:lol: I can't wait!!!:dancingpa

Just heard from my source that the game on Friday @ 7:30 between the 7&8 grade Red/Blue will be shown live on beauhoge.com

Also heard that Merril and his Beau(QB) are supposed to be "Mic'd"up(SP) so you can hear all the live action.:lol: I can't wait!!!:dancingpa

Good Lord, I hope you are kidding. There's over the top and there's WAY over the top. :isurrender:

:ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother:Please, say it ain't so.:ohbrother: