September 14, 201016 yr Here are mine: A. Sanchez will sink them. They have a first class defense, top 5 but will be on the field constantly in many games. Sanchez was terrible last night, granted against an elite defense (although many of you said they were not, you were wrong:lol:) I suppose I need to apologize to Dennis Dixon, I'd take him everyday over Sanchez. B. Revis IS that good. C. Am I the only one who enjoyed hard knocks, yet am so rooting against the Jets for Rex's pompous attitude? D. Does anyone believe Schottenheimer (sp?) was as out of sync as Sanchez? E. I love the expressions on Rex's face when things go poorly! F. The Jets are overrated
September 14, 201016 yr My thoughts... 1. I agree on Sanchez. I won't say he'll sink them, but he could. They're good enough to make the playoffs and make some noise in spite of him. Their defense is that good, IMO. If Sanchez just takes care of the football, they'll be a difficult team to beat. But, they can expect a lot of close football games, and sometimes the QB makes all the difference in those types of games. Bad news for the J-E-T-S Jets. 2. Not convinced Baltimore's defense is that good. Last night was the ideal matchup for them. They are still great at stopping the room, but can be exposed in the passing game. The Jets aren't equipped to do that with Sanchez pulling the trigger. 3. I'm glad I picked the Jets defense in my fantasy league. I liked what I saw, and I think they'll fare better against lesser run defenses going forward. Revis is a stud, for sure.
September 14, 201016 yr Honestly, watching the game last night, the Jets reminded me of old Ravens teams. They rely on their defense to get them a win, which is quite frankly sad considering some of the weapons they have. Sanchez is not the answer.
September 14, 201016 yr Sanchez is not going to win them games when they fall behind. When the Jets are up they have a perfect formula for winning. If they don't come out of the gates with a lead, they're going to struggle.
September 14, 201016 yr What people keep ignoring is that the Jets were 9-7 last season and it took their final two games against teams not going full strength because they were gearing up for the playoffs for them to even back in.
September 14, 201016 yr OVER RATED!!! Sanchez is not ready for primetime and this team has been getting attention for all of the wrong reasons. 1/13 on 3rd down conversions?
September 14, 201016 yr You can't constantly ask your defense to hold the other team to 10 points or less, especially when your offense is giving the opponent good field position due to their inability to sustain any drives and is keeping the defense on the field for the vast majority of the game. Shon Greene may turn out to be a solid back, but by and large they have very few offensive weapons. And a huge liability with Checkdown Sanchez.
September 14, 201016 yr I think the Jets offense and defense just do not match, and not just because the offense looks bad. It's a philosophy thing as well IMO. The Jets defense is relentlessly aggressive, which is going to produce alot of quick turnovers but also is going to result in some big plays via the pass or in the case of last night penalties. That really changes the field position and makes in nearly impossible for the Jets offense to score. I think instead of playing it so close to the vest the Jets need to open it up a little more. Not the way Indy or New Orleans does, but they need to take some shots to get on the board. Their defense can handle a few turnovers every now and then, if the Jets offense can create some big plays too. To make my point, the Jets are too conservative on offense compared to how they play defensively IMO. They will lose alot of low scoring games unless the offense starts getting some points.
September 14, 201016 yr Here are mine: A. Sanchez will sink them. They have a first class defense, top 5 but will be on the field constantly in many games. Sanchez was terrible last night, granted against an elite defense (although many of you said they were not, you were wrong:lol:) I suppose I need to apologize to Dennis Dixon, I'd take him everyday over Sanchez. B. Revis IS that good. C. Am I the only one who enjoyed hard knocks, yet am so rooting against the Jets for Rex's pompous attitude? D. Does anyone believe Schottenheimer (sp?) was as out of sync as Sanchez? E. I love the expressions on Rex's face when things go poorly! F. The Jets are overrated Couldn't agree more.
September 14, 201016 yr A lot of people are picking Baltimore to win the SB or at least represent the AFC. The Jets had a ton of penalties and played the worst offensive game they'll play all year and still only got beat by 1. If not for the running into the kicker penalty they win the game. Sanchez will be better by December than he is now. They'll be fine. If Revis is supposed to shut down the best receiver on their opponent why didn't he follow Boldin all over the field?
September 14, 201016 yr A lot of people are picking Baltimore to win the SB or at least represent the AFC. The Jets had a ton of penalties and played the worst offensive game they'll play all year and still only got beat by 1. If not for the running into the kicker penalty they win the game. Sanchez will be better by December than he is now. They'll be fine. If Revis is supposed to shut down the best receiver on their opponent why didn't he follow Boldin all over the field? They left Revis taking on whichever receiver came to his side of the field and left him isolated. Sometimes it was Boldin. It wasn't Boldin that was dominating as much as it was whoever was going up against Cromartie and Wilson.
September 14, 201016 yr They left Revis taking on whichever receiver came to his side of the field and left him isolated. Sometimes it was Boldin. It wasn't Boldin that was dominating as much as it was whoever was going up against Cromartie and Wilson. So when Boldin was killing them why didn't they switch? Who cares if he shuts down D. Mason?
September 14, 201016 yr The Jets will be fortunate to win 8 games in the regular season, in my opinion. While they finished the year strong last season, they caught some unusual breaks in that they were playing teams who didn't try to win the games, choosing instead to rest players. Taking this into account, they were a 0.500 team last season. It's gonna be a frustrating year for Mike Greenberg!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.