6 Classes in football

Pride

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know, it may be taken as a slap in the face too.

Your not as good as these schools, so we're giving you a "SPECIAL" division.

:bunny: :creepy:

Hey wait...we aren't "giving" anybody anything as a slap in the face....they are asking for the special division!

What does everyone think about the idea of having 6 classes in football starting in '07?

Personally i think anything that crowns a few more champions and that involves more teams in the playoffs is good. IF we want to promote the growth of football in our state. I think this is a 'no-brainer'. :ylsuper:

The new districts would cause for very long drives. The financial burden would make this idea get shot down. Not a very well thought out plan.

Why not consider the 6 classes with an unequal number of teams????

Lets use 218 as the number of teams.

Why not by enrollment:

6A = 25 highest enrollment teams

5A = 42 teams

4A = 42 teams

3A = 42 teams

2A= 42 teams

1A = 25 lowest enrillment teams

The theory being that the Top 25 (and I just picked 25, it could be 22 or 20)

highest enrollment schools should be able to compete against each other as their enrollment difference would not be as great as it is now in 4A.

Also the 25 smallest schools would have an enrollment difference less than what it is now in 1A.

The remaining classes 5A, 4A, 3A, and 2A would have 42 teams instead of 54 and likewise their enrollments would be closer than in the current 2A and 3A.

Now playoffs could be somewhat similar 32 of 42 instead of 32 of 54 in 2A thru 5A, and 16 of 25 in 1A and 6A. That way 9 or 10 teams in each class would not make the playoffs (approximately 58 teams) versus 88 teams now.

Or it could be tweaked to take only 24 of 42 in class 2A thru 5A meaning aproximately 90 teams would not make the playoffs versus 88 now.

That may be, but I got to it first. :lol: I can't help it if I have a 10 meg line and your on dialup.

Yeah, but I put out all that money for the cool bat signal and the light-up red phone under glass.

Besides, have you ever seen him and me in the same room? Hmmm....