Did SK Drop Their Football Program?

Clyde

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me...how does losing 34-0 make Simon Kenton better? What did they "learn" from that experience that is going to help them down the road, exactly?

Did they get faster? Stronger? Did the QB's confidence increase while leading his team to 0 points over 4 quarters??

Sorry, this has become my crusade. It's time to stop thinking like it's 1978. That loss did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for Simon Kenton other than to emotionally and physically beat them into the ground. :isurrender:

-CardinalsFan

It is better than playing some other weak sister KY team and beating their brains in.

To be specific CF, it is a reality check for Simon. As it stands now Simon is/was nothing but a flash in the pan riding on Simpson's cape. Without this loss Simon was probably headed for a crushing end to the season.

Highlands would lose to Middletown. SK will be fine without Miles. Lawrence will have a great game against Dixie!

Everything you said is what you wish would happen. Lets talk about what DID happen. Simon Kenton got absolutely embarrassed by Middletown. I do not trust a prediction from a person that said Simon Kenton would bet Middletown 35-14 when in reality Middletown demolished Simon Kenton 34-0. It is fun seeing his incorrect predictions though and being the laughing stock of everyone on this site, including Simon Kenton fans.

Tell me...how does losing 34-0 make Simon Kenton better? What did they "learn" from that experience that is going to help them down the road, exactly?

Did they get faster? Stronger? Did the QB's confidence increase while leading his team to 0 points over 4 quarters??

Sorry, this has become my crusade. It's time to stop thinking like it's 1978. That loss did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for Simon Kenton other than to emotionally and physically beat them into the ground. :isurrender:

-CardinalsFan

A horrendous beatdown sure seemed to aid CCH and their QB. Perhaps this loss will turn SK's season around as it did CCH's. Maybe??

It is better than playing some other weak sister KY team and beating their brains in.

To be specific CF, it is a reality check for Simon. As it stands now Simon is/was nothing but a flash in the pan riding on Simpson's cape. Without this loss Simon was probably headed for a crushing end to the season.

I remember reading on BGP awhile back that Simon Kenton's players were extremely confident going into the 7-on-7 against Highlands. Perhaps the guru is right and this game will serve as a wake-up call to SK that they are vulnerable. A team can handle such a big loss one of two ways: it can either lose confidence and question itself, or it can use the loss as motivation to work and focus even harder as the season progresses. It will be interesting to see how SK plays against DH this week.

And as far as the end of the season goes, there's a lot of football to be played before the Class 6A playoffs. I think it's unfair to write off SK after exactly one game.

It's been awfully quiet around here. I'm wondering if I missed the shocking announcement.

SK dropping the football program..............FAT CHANCE!

No excuses for the way SK played against Middletown, however, Simon has regrouped and will beat Dixie:)