Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Games You've Seen In Person

Featured Replies

The discussion in the Fort Knox-Bethlehem thread got me thinking. If you had to pick your top five or top ten games you've seen, what would they be?

 

Mine:

1. Lexington Catholic beats Franklin County, 44-38 in 2006 playoffs. Flyers led 32-7 at the half, but Catholic rallied to tie and force overtime. Game is tied at 38 after the first OT. Franklin County goes for it on fourth down on its possession in OT 2, but comes up just short. Catholic gets the ball, and IIRC, scores on a fourth-down play to win it. Crazy game.

 

2. Bethlehem beats Fort Knox, 27-22 on last-second Hail Mary. The way this game ended Friday night still hasn't sunk in. I still don't see how Clay Owens made that catch in the corner of the end zone. I still see the ball floating through the air, the hush of the crowd as the ball comes down and then the roar of the crowd when the head ref signaled touchdown. Holy cow, what an ending.

 

3. LaRue County beats Green County, 28-27 in 2009. This game was awesome. Back and forth the whole night. I can't remember all the details right now -- maybe because it's 2:30 in the morning, but that was one heckuva game.

 

4. St. X beats Meade County, 31-3 in 2007 state semis. The atmosphere at this game was incredible. It was freezing cold, but it didn't matter. Both stands -- home and visitor's side -- were absolutely packed. It was awesome standing on the Meade County sideline and seeing a see of green stretched from end zone to end zone behind me. Both crowds were amazing. Meade County, at least in reality, shouldn't have been playing that game the way they started that season (0-3). I remember picking them every week in our paper's weekly picks, but I knew the Wave would get it turned around. And boy, did they ever.

 

5. Hancock County beats Fort Knox, 80-39 in 2009. This game is up there just because of the way it ended. Fort Knox was down, I think, four touchdowns in the third quarter and rallied to come within a TD. But Hancock pulled away in a big way in the fourth quarter.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Recently, Highlands vs. Cincy St. X.

 

There are really many for me. Alot of the Highlands vs. Cov. Cath. games.

The discussion in the Fort Knox-Bethlehem thread got me thinking. If you had to pick your top five or top ten games you've seen, what would they be?

 

Mine:

1. Lexington Catholic beats Franklin County, 44-38 in 2006 playoffs. Flyers led 32-7 at the half, but Catholic rallied to tie and force overtime. Game is tied at 38 after the first OT. Franklin County goes for it on fourth down on its possession in OT 2, but comes up just short. Catholic gets the ball, and IIRC, scores on a fourth-down play to win it. Crazy game.

 

2. Bethlehem beats Fort Knox, 27-22 on last-second Hail Mary. The way this game ended Friday night still hasn't sunk in. I still don't see how Clay Owens made that catch in the corner of the end zone. I still see the ball floating through the air, the hush of the crowd as the ball comes down and then the roar of the crowd when the head ref signaled touchdown. Holy cow, what an ending.

 

3. LaRue County beats Green County, 28-27 in 2009. This game was awesome. Back and forth the whole night. I can't remember all the details right now -- maybe because it's 2:30 in the morning, but that was one heckuva game.

 

4. St. X beats Meade County, 31-3 in 2007 state semis. The atmosphere at this game was incredible. It was freezing cold, but it didn't matter. Both stands -- home and visitor's side -- were absolutely packed. It was awesome standing on the Meade County sideline and seeing a see of green stretched from end zone to end zone behind me. Both crowds were amazing. Meade County, at least in reality, shouldn't have been playing that game the way they started that season (0-3). I remember picking them every week in our paper's weekly picks, but I knew the Wave would get it turned around. And boy, did they ever.

 

5. Hancock County beats Fort Knox, 80-39 in 2009. This game is up there just because of the way it ended. Fort Knox was down, I think, four touchdowns in the third quarter and rallied to come within a TD. But Hancock pulled away in a big way in the fourth quarter.

 

Your #1 pick is the worst officiated HS Football game I have witnessed. Both ways, but it was a wild one.

2009- Boyle County-13 Bell County-10- 4A State Semis. I never thought I had seen a better game in person until........

 

 

2009- Boyle County-42 Lone Oak-39- 4A State Finals. Easily by far and away the best two games I have ever attended.

St X beats John Hardin 21-20 in 2005. Talk about down to the wire. We lost but man that was epic.

 

John Hardin beats Male 49-47 in 2005. This game was just a track meet between the two teams. So much speed.

The Newcath-Beechwood game that I covered last year definetly ranks way up there on my list. Newcath had a big lead and Beechwood came all the way back only to fall short in the final seconds.

Also, didn't see the game in person but the Male-Trinity state title game a few years back that featured Mike Bush and Brian Brohm definetly ranks up there as well. I remember watching it on TV and it was a very exciting game.

Covington Catholic-highlands in the 2006 regular season and Covington Catholic-LexCath in the 2006 playoffs were pretty crazy. CovCath v. Beechwood 2007 regular season was another crazy one because of its ending and all of the controversy following.

Fort Campbell and NCC at PJCS in the 2008 2A State Title game.

 

FC trailed NCC in the final few minutes of the game: Antonio Andrews hits Tre Powell for a long pass play down the sideline for a TD to seemingly win the game. Penalty called on FC receiver Chris Allen for motion and the play was nullified. NCC fans and players are going wild and getting ready to dump the Gatorade on their coach.

 

Next play from 65 yards out in the final 90 seconds and running out of options, an unflenching Antonio Andrews takes the snap, pitches the ball to JD Erwin who rolls right and then passes back across the field to Andrews. Andrews catches the ball on about the 50 and jukes or out runs the entire 'Breds defense to the house. "Back to Back"

 

That is the best game and final sequence of plays I have ever personally witnessed.

2007 1A State Championship - Beechwood 38 LCA 35. That game had it all. Back and forth action. Punt return for TD. Kickof returns. Multiple go for it on 4th down plays. A last minute goal line stand by Beechwood to preserve the victory. At the top of the list for me.

 

Another one for me is 2002 4A State Championship - Trinity 59 Male 56. That game was the Michael Bush vs Brian Brohm shootout. An incredible game.

 

I still have both of these on tape. I may have to pull them out and watch.

Also, didn't see the game in person but the Male-Trinity state title game a few years back that featured Mike Bush and Brian Brohm definetly ranks up there as well. I remember watching it on TV and it was a very exciting game.

 

Me too and yes it was. :thumb:

Ludlow ended their losing streak against Eminence in 2003 has to be the best to me. The hail mary pass caught while tip toeing the sideline was amazing.

  • Author
Your #1 pick is the worst officiated HS Football game I have witnessed. Both ways, but it was a wild one.

 

Indeed. I think there were close to 30 combined flags in that game.

Fort Campbell and NCC at PJCS in the 2008 2A State Title game.

 

FC trailed NCC in the final few minutes of the game: Antonio Andrews hits Tre Powell for a long pass play down the sideline for a TD to seemingly win the game. Penalty called on FC receiver Chris Allen for motion and the play was nullified. NCC fans and players are going wild and getting ready to dump the Gatorade on their coach.

 

Next play from 65 yards out in the final 90 seconds and running out of options, an unflenching Antonio Andrews takes the snap, pitches the ball to JD Erwin who rolls right and then passes back across the field to Andrews. Andrews catches the ball on about the 50 and jukes or out runs the entire 'Breds defense to the house. "Back to Back"

 

That is the best game and final sequence of plays I have ever personally witnessed.

 

 

I was there! Great game! Andrews was phenomenal! But I'm going to go with the 2006 Ohio Division 1 Regional Playoff game Colerain -vs- St. X at PBS. Great defensive game and great atmosphere, St. X won 12-9 in O.T.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.