Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 45 Manual 14

Featured Replies

  • Replies 124
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree with Momma Bird.....for some reason, it was quite a bit more powerful, but to be fair, it definitely smelled like football....think we had an thermal updraft coming off the El Nino. :clap:

 

You missed the point. I agree with the kids smelling. But maybe I'm too sensitive. Too make that statement about Manual came across as a shot IMO. Anyone that has been around any kind of football team during games, practices, or whatever, they all stink like that. Pretty sure it's the mold growing inside the equipment.

You missed the point. I agree with the kids smelling. But maybe I'm too sensitive. Too make that statement about Manual came across as a shot IMO. Anyone that has been around any kind of football team during games, practices, or whatever, they all stink like that. Pretty sure it's the mold growing inside the equipment.

 

I'm with you. I thought it was a shot as well.

Great to hear....I heard Sully blew up the QB.

 

There were some very good licks put on the QB by Sullivan but there were many other Bluebirds that represented as well. #42 I think had a terrific game. Abner made a couple nice open field tackles also. Some think that I'm overinflating this Bluebird team, but this team is just as good if not better than last years' post Bardo squad. Fans got to see only a fraction of what this offense is capable of doing on the field. Towles ran the offense with the poise of a college QB (Thanks Jared), Compton looks like a young John Riggins, Streeter has more than filled Fennel's shoes, and the Weinrich's D is swarming (although we miss Roller's presence). Many in the Ryle camp are saying that they are coming into DCMS next week to upset the Birds. It won't happen against the well disciplined kids I saw friday night...We're in for a treat alright.

What would someone at the game say the run to pass ratio was for the Bluebirds??

 

I would say 60-40 run-pass ratio on this night. In the 2nd half there was no need to throw. Towles didn't play after the 3rd quarter.

I would say 60-40 run-pass ratio on this night. In the 2nd half there was no need to throw. Towles didn't play after the 3rd quarter.

 

You could argue they didn't need to pass all night but I would if I had Towels.

There were some very good licks put on the QB by Sullivan but there were many other Bluebirds that represented as well. #42 I think had a terrific game. Abner made a couple nice open field tackles also. Some think that I'm overinflating this Bluebird team' date=' but this team is just as good if not better than last years' post Bardo squad. Fans got to see only a fraction of what this offense is capable of doing on the field. Towles ran the offense with the poise of a college QB (Thanks Jared), Compton looks like a young John Riggins, Streeter has more than filled Fennel's shoes, and the Weinrich's D is swarming (although we miss Roller's presence). Many in the Ryle camp are saying that they are coming into DCMS next week to upset the Birds. It won't happen against the well disciplined kids I saw friday night...We're in for a treat alright.[/quote']

 

One of the best plays was on a Highlands kickoff. Ethen Bishop #2 , flat out ran over a would be blocker and then went to make a great open field tackle.( I don't have a height and weight on this kid ). I know he isn't one of the biggest players on the field ,but he's a player. He had several other tackles ,but this one was the most impressive.Nice to see the special teams looking good too!!!

There were some very good licks put on the QB by Sullivan but there were many other Bluebirds that represented as well. #42 I think had a terrific game. Abner made a couple nice open field tackles also. Some think that I'm overinflating this Bluebird team' date=' but this team is just as good if not better than last [/b']years' post Bardo squad. Fans got to see only a fraction of what this offense is capable of doing on the field. Towles ran the offense with the poise of a college QB (Thanks Jared), Compton looks like a young John Riggins, Streeter has more than filled Fennel's shoes, and the Weinrich's D is swarming (although we miss Roller's presence). Many in the Ryle camp are saying that they are coming into DCMS next week to upset the Birds. It won't happen against the well disciplined kids I saw friday night...We're in for a treat alright.

With respect can we leave the comparison to last years team till the playoffs start or even after the season is over ? They have only played one game ! :ohbrother:

One of the best plays was on a Highlands kickoff. Ethen Bishop #2 , flat out ran over a would be blocker and then went to make a great open field tackle.( I don't have a height and weight on this kid ). I know he isn't one of the biggest players on the field ,but he's a player. He had several other tackles ,but this one was the most impressive.Nice to see the special teams looking good too!!!

 

Bishop had one heck of a game!

With respect can we leave the comparison to last years team till the playoffs start or even after the season is over ? They have only played one game ! :ohbrother:

 

Thank you !!! No need to put added pressure on this years team. I appreciate the support but chill out and enjoy the season, Go Birds!!!

Anyone know why the Highlands/Ryle thread was closed?

With respect can we leave the comparison to last years team till the playoffs start or even after the season is over ? They have only played one game ! :ohbrother:

 

 

I agree with you that it's a "bit" premature to start the comparison, but I really hope that after the year is over people start comparing this year with last year as that will mean we went undefeated and won another state championship. Personally I think it's very silly to compare teams, but if it happens after season and we've gone 15-0 and won Number 20, I'll deal with it. :thumb: Until then, let's let this year's team concentrate on one game at a time.

I thought of you, Friday night, when one of our defenders (I think it was Ty Seidl) had hold of a Manual ball carrier by the foot, at midfield. He held on until another Bird grabbed on; then the two of them held the runner there until a gang of about six more showed up to finish him off. :cool:

 

I saw that too. It brought a smile of approval to my face. Again, we just did a much, much better job tackling. I think against Trinity, the kids on defense came out with the mentality of trying to prove that they were as good if not better than the 09 defense and got wrapped up (pardon the anti-pun) in wanting to show how hard they could hit the Trinity ball carriers. Form and technique took a back seat to wanting the big hit. Fortunately, they either realized on their own or with a little help from Weinrich (:D) the errors of their ways in the Trinity game. This week they better continue to gang tackle. I don't care if I don't see one big collision between Elliott and Sully. I just want to see sure tackles. Elliott seems to thrive on the hard one on one hits when he's able to bounce off the tackler for additional yards. He seemed to get frustrated last year when we had 3 or 4 people tackling him.

Thank you !!! No need to put added pressure on this years team. I appreciate the support but chill out and enjoy the season, Go Birds!!!

 

How does praise equate to pressure? I'm having a hard time with this one.

How does praise equate to pressure? I'm having a hard time with this one.

 

Doesnt matter how it relates, its not fair to this years team. But then again it happens to Highlands every year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.