Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 45 Manual 14

Featured Replies

You sure!!!!! I know Dale actually called the play but........

  • Replies 124
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I would get there early to see the Birds "70" team being honored , nice to see them all again !(Now I feel old !)

 

I was there at 6:55 and there were 50 or 60 people in line , so I did get there early , game time was 7:30 . What time do you think I should get there next week ,so I don't have to wait in line ? (5 ish?) :ohbrother:

 

I must have been just ahead of the wave, because I got there at 6:45. So, 6:44, to answer your question. ;-)

You sure!!!!! I know Dale actually called the play but........

 

That's what I was told by someone you know better than me..lol

You sure!!!!! I know Dale actually called the play but........

 

I used to blame all the "trickeration" on Gary Schrader...now it looks as if Jared is "the evil genius"! LOL! Anyway, I thought the call was brilliant! I'm surprised HoosierBF isn't a season pass holder. And it was good to see all of my "heroes" from when I was in FTJFL honored on the field before the game. I hear next week is the 1960 State Team! My former HC, Roger Walz, will be part of that contingent.......don't know who will feel older! LOL! Should be a GREAT evening of past and present HHS football...hint: GET THERE EARLY!

Sidenote: Was that the WORST Highlands O-line, EVER???

 

 

 

 

OK...I'm done with that until NEXT year! :laugh:

Sidenote: Was that the WORST Highlands O-line, EVER???

 

 

 

 

OK...I'm done with that until NEXT year! :laugh:

 

Ok, I don't have to keep taking that abuse year after year...lol

Can anyone add anything additional about Manual? Either Pro/con or both ???

 

There offensive line did a bad job picking up the blitz. At times it just looked like their line didn't know there assignments and the QB was a dead man. #2 is a Vick style QB but he can throw some, they used another kid #12 and he was more of a drop back QB. There running backs are not bad at all all.

 

They have athletes their secondary covered Highlands pretty well. They were in a cover 2-3 most of the night. Highlands saw that then started throwing the short stuff and the linebackers couldn't get there, not many will against Highlands.

 

Their biggest problem was the O-line and Highlands could run the ball up the middle pretty much at will. They gave Highlands trouble on special teams their running backs in open space are tough.

The Birds certainly seem ready to roll to another title this year. The HHS & Ryle battles will be fun to watch though.

I must have been just ahead of the wave, because I got there at 6:45. So, 6:44, to answer your question. ;-)

 

Do you think the wave could have just got off a bus ? Could be !!! :idunno:

  • Author
Do you think the wave could have just got off a bus ? Could be !!! :idunno:
We got there about 6:30, and there were maybe eight people in line for tickets. But, right before the game started, there did seem to be this huge rush of people, all at once. We were wondering if they had all been out tailgating or something. :cool:

Any word on the JV game between HHS and Manual today?

I walked up, paid, and walked in. I employed the somewhat novel strategy of showing up before the game actually started.

 

It wouldnt have mattered if I got there at 7:20 I would have been standing in line. They didnt get my 6 bucks, I watched a quarter from behind the gate and went back to the watering hole.

Any word on the JV game between HHS and Manual today?

 

Manual cancelled the game last night...

Wow... so how is that counted? Is it a forfeit win for HHS JV, or is it treated like the game was never scheduled to begin with?

There offensive line did a bad job picking up the blitz. At times it just looked like their line didn't know there assignments and the QB was a dead man. #2 is a Vick style QB but he can throw some, they used another kid #12 and he was more of a drop back QB. There running backs are not bad at all all.

 

They have athletes their secondary covered Highlands pretty well. They were in a cover 2-3 most of the night. Highlands saw that then started throwing the short stuff and the linebackers couldn't get there, not many will against Highlands.

 

Their biggest problem was the O-line and Highlands could run the ball up the middle pretty much at will. They gave Highlands trouble on special teams their running backs in open space are tough.

 

Thank you JA. I aprpeciate it. I picked the Bird's - had hoped it would be a little closer. Good job.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.