Reds Rotation after All-Star Break

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't see us holding onto both Wood and Maloney. I feel like one of them might get dealt away. I don't really have anything that justifies that, just a feeling.

I can see Maloney being dealt, but if Wood is dealt I will be extremely upset.

If it comes to dealing, no way you vert rid of Wood over Maloney. Arroyo, Leake, Queto, Wood and Tron. Seeing those five listed makes me wish they were still running out the likes of Milton, Hudson, Moehler, Chen, ect.

At this point, it's ... Arroyo, Cueto, Leake, Wood and Harang. There isn't anything wrong with using Volquez out of the bullpen or in a swing role. The Cardinals did it several years ago when Matt Morris was coming off surgery and it worked well. Bailey could help out of the pen in the second half, and this could ease the need to trade for bullpen help, at least in the short term.

I have no idea so Im not even going to throw out a guess. We have so many pitchers and not enough slots and they are all throwing gems recently. Its not a terrible problem to be in if you ask me. When is the trade deadline anyway? July 31st?

Arroyo

Cueto

Volquez

Leake

Wood

I am in favor of a 6 man rotation with all these young guys so either Harang or Maloney.

With the way their starters build up high pitch counts early and the way their bullpen has been taxed I can't see carrying 6 starters.

I have no idea so Im not even going to throw out a guess. We have so many pitchers and not enough slots and they are all throwing gems recently. Its not a terrible problem to be in if you ask me. When is the trade deadline anyway? July 31st?

There won't be any surprises imo. They will option the guys down who have options. Harang and Bailey will go back in the rotation when they are ready unless trades occur. I would love to see them give up a pitcher with some salary to obtain another left handed bat if they can find one.