Reds Rotation after All-Star Break

I say we trade a young pitcher plus Alonso for a big time LH bat. Just my opinion

Not sure who's on the market besides Dunn or maybe Lance Berkman. I wouldn't want either. Also Prince Fielder but I'm not sure how much they'd be asking for.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, it's ... Arroyo, Cueto, Leake, Wood and Harang. There isn't anything wrong with using Volquez out of the bullpen or in a swing role. The Cardinals did it several years ago when Matt Morris was coming off surgery and it worked well. Bailey could help out of the pen in the second half, and this could ease the need to trade for bullpen help, at least in the short term.

Volquez will be in the starting rotation.

I wouldn't mind Bailey out of the bullpen.

Where's he going to play?

LF or RF, but we need a back up CF in my opinion and he doesnt fulfill that spot. Maybe bring up Matthews Jr. and sit down Nix? Just a thought cause Stubbs can't play everyday in the OF and his bat is really weak right now.

LF or RF, but we need a back up CF in my opinion and he doesnt fulfill that spot. Maybe bring up Matthews Jr. and sit down Nix? Just a thought cause Stubbs can't play everyday in the OF and his bat is really weak right now.

Heisey and Nix can both play CF.

Berkman can't play OF anymore.

You realize that Lance Berkman last played in the outfield in 2007, right? Even then, he only played 31 games in RF & 1 in CF.

In '06, Lance played 42 games in RF & 5 in LF. In '05, he played 39 in LF & 11 in RF.

He's not an outfielder. He's not going to be a Cincinnati Red. And this Cincinnati fan is happy about that fact.

You realize that Lance Berkman last played in the outfield in 2007, right? Even then, he only played 31 games in RF & 1 in CF.

In '06, Lance played 42 games in RF & 5 in LF. In '05, he played 39 in LF & 11 in RF.

He's not an outfielder. He's not going to be a Cincinnati Red. And this Cincinnati fan is happy about that fact.

Well whats your suggestion on a elite bat who can hit top of the rotation pitching. Because right now we have 2 maybe 3 (Votto, Philips, Rolen) who can actually do that. And I dont want to get to the playoffs and get swept in the 1st round. Heisey and Nix are nice bench guys but they cant hit big time pitchers.

Well whats your suggestion on a elite bat who can hit top of the rotation pitching. Because right now we have 2 maybe 3 (Votto, Philips, Rolen) who can actually do that. And I dont want to get to the playoffs and get swept in the 1st round. Heisey and Nix are nice bench guys but they cant hit big time pitchers.

I don't see the Reds dealing for an elite bat, although I think the offense could use a little help. I'm worried that Rolen won't stay healthy & that Gomes won't keep producing at this clip, but as of now, I don't think there is anyone you can take out of the lineup (with the exception of Stubbs & Cabrera).

Hank Blalock was recently released & he's someone that may be worth pursuing. He's cheap & has lots of HR power.

I'd be willing to trade Arroyo & Maloney before any other pitcher. I don't think you can trade Arroyo if you're looking to make a push for the pennant, though. Obviously I'd love to trade Harang, but that ain't happening either.

Bronson Arroyo

Johnny Cueto

Edison Volquez

Travis Wood

Mike Leake

Option Maloney to Louisville and trade him before Wood. DO NOT TRADE WOOD.

I hope they keep it like this but when Harang come back he will for sure be in it. I would guess they take Wood out, which they shouldn't.

If they are limiting Leake's innings then Homer can take over there, but I'm not sure there is a place for him if everyone keeps pitching the way they are.

I wish they could trade Harang, but that's not going to happen. There is a much better chance of trading Arroyo, which I really wouldn't mind if that was the case even though he has been a workhorse.

If we get to the playoffs and assuming everyone is still on the roster, then here is how I'd like the playoff rotation to go...

Cueto

Arroyo

Volquez

Wood or Leake (assuming the innings aren't limited and are available) If they aren't available then Harang.

Cabrera is too good in the field to pull out of his starting position. Rolen will be fine but I am more worried about Stubbs' bat then anything else.

:confused:

Sure he's been solid in the field this year, but the reason he was brought it was for his bat. They didn't think Janish had the bat to be an everyday player. Cabera's bat has been very cold lately.