Track Conference Expansion

gametime

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would Miami not help with that? They are bigger nationally than they are in Dade County. I don't think the U is going to the SEC though, I just think Clemson is a poor choice.

Problem with the Florida State and Miami additions is that they don't add anything other than names. Fair weather fanbases predominantly located in a state already in the footprint means that all the SEC would wind up doing is splitting the pie 14 ways instead of 12 without any increase in revenue.

Kansas and Missouri to the Mountain West?

Mountain West and the little guys could come out big in this, IF they get the BCS bid the Big 12 had and add Kansas, Kansas St., Missouri

North

Boise St.

BYU

Colorado State

Iowa St.

Kansas

Kansas St.

UNLV

Utah

South

Air Force

Baylor

Fresno St.

New Mexico

New Mexico St.

San Diego St.

TCU

Wyoming

That is random I know but not a horrible bad conference...................

According to Jim Williams of the Washington Examiner ...

As far as ND ... “We continue to be focused on trying to do what we can to maintain our football independence and ensure the long-term viability of the Big East,” Notre Dame athletics director Jack Swarbrick told the Chicago Tribune yesterday. “Those two things aren’t impacted by the events of this week.”

According to his source from the Big East Advisory Board, the conference won't be recruiting or cutting anybody.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/blogs/Watch-This/The-Big-East-will-listen-to-all-schools-who-want-membership-96216244.html#ixzz0qfVXseMd