Track Conference Expansion

gametime

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be interesting to see if A&M goes at it alone. I still think the Governor will have a say in this, regarding where.

A&M is a great fit, offers up natural rivals for LSU and Arkansas who seemingly lacka one in the SEC.

Good piece from the B'ham paper.

http://blog.al.com/kevin-scarbinsky/2010/06/scarbinsky_takes_more_than_sup.html

It will be interesting to see where the SEC look next for their 14th member.

Now they are saying the Big 12 is happy with 10 teams???? You would think that they need that champioship game to help with TV dollars.

So do they stay together and try to bring in TCU and someone else from the WAC?

I think Texas is doing all it can to make A&M look like the bad guy when they move to the SEC. If the leage does hold at the 10 remaining members, look for UC and UL to be targeted to get them back to 12, but I think this is all posturing by Texas to take a final jab at their long time rival...

Football rules in the NCAA-basketball is a distant afterthought, which is what I have been saying for years. Money drives this train. Good thing UC is good in football now.

Edited by History
grammer

If Dan Beebe manages to save the Big "Twelve" he should get a medal or something.

I wonder if the TV deals go through and the Big Twelve survives if Nebraska and Colorado will regret their decision? I also wonder if the PAC 10 goes into panic mode since their ultimate plan of 16 might be in serious jeopardy. Oh it's like a soap opera....

I would guess that Nebraska comes out financially better in the Big Ten than they were in the big 12. I have no idea about Colorado.

The way the money appears to be negotiated in the Big XII, I wouldn't think Colorado is losing too much. It appears that Texas gets the big slice of pie in everything and with Beebe apparently doing all he can to keep Texas in the conference, one doesn't expect Texas is sticking around to share money. I feel like Colorado is probably fine where they are in the Pac-10.

I also wonder if the PAC 10 goes into panic mode since their ultimate plan of 16 might be in serious jeopardy. Oh it's like a soap opera....

I think the Pac-10 will likely invite Utah to make it an even 12. When realignment first was mentioned over winter it was assumed that the Pac-10 wanted Colorado (Denver) and Utah (Salt Lake City) to give themselves a conference championship game. I don't think that will change. The Pac-10 probably isn't that much stronger, but it likely isn't any weaker.