Golf

MBWC41

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hit a Ping G15 driver, the new nike slingshot irons, some cheap dunlop wedges, and a Taylormade Rossa Spider putter. My game is up and down. I am soooo inconsistant. I have shot a 76 at henry County Country Club, and the next day I shot a 94 on the same course. I am good from 170 in. My dirve is so inconsistant. I never know where its going. Lately everything is horrible. I played today and shot 52 on 9. Iunno what I'm doing wrong!

I love to play whenever possible. I try for a round a week. To be honest I'm not really sure what clubs I have. Normally I am there just to have fun as I am not very good at the game. Although last Thursday when I went to Devou Park I shot an 87 which is good for me. I was 13 over on the front and only 4 on the back as I was able to fix things as I went on.

I play about 5 days a week at Sag Hollow Golf Club in Booneville. I'm a member there and will have a new home near the 5th fairway by October. Then I can just drive my cart out of the garage and play till my heart's content. It's great to be retired!!!

I use a Cobra 10.5 degree driver, a 3 and 5 wood Big Bertha knockoffs that I've had a long time (they're so scarred up I don't even worry about covering them), Cleveland hybrid irons 3-9, Cleveland wedges--52, 56, and 60 degrees. And a Odyssey 2-Ball putter.

I usually play from our white tees, which are around 6150 yards. I shoot about 75 to 77 at our course. At other courses I usually shoot around 78 to 82. I shot 75 at Southwind in Winchester last week. That's about what I score at Castle Creek as well. At Gibson Bay it's around 78-80. Same for Stone Crest and Old Silo. The Bull is a little more kinder to me, I usually score about 76-78. It's one of my favorite courses.

I would encourage everyone to give golf a try. I didn't start playing until I was 28 years old. I wish I would have listened to my roommate in college when he tried to get me to go with him to Arlington a few times. I made fun of the game then but I wouldn't trade it for any other participate sport now. When I coached in high school I always told my kids that golf was a game that they could enjoy into their old age, unlike other sports like basketball or baseball. And it's a social sport. Many business conferences are kicked off with a golf scramble. Its a great game and a good way to meet a lot of nice people along the way. Some of the kids I talked into learning the game and becoming a member of our high school golf team back in the '90s still thank me for introducing them to golf. You should give it a try too and see what you think.

I play every now and then, and I've recently been entertaining the thought of purchasing a set of irons. I've been looking at the Adams a3os, from everything I've read, they are forgiving and the price isn't out of my league. When you get fitted for clubs, what is the process, and what exactly do they fit?

I love to play golf. Unfortunately, my golf average and my bowling average are about the same. (And I am a pretty darn good bowler.)

I have a hodge-podge set of clubs. O/S project irons, various cheap woods, etc. One of these days, I will get a decent set so I can find a different excuse for my bad scores.

Love to play. I play in a league on monday nights at California over in Cincy and I usually play a round on the weekends. I dont have a handicap but Id guess it would be in the 15 to 20 range. ITB I have a Cleveland launcher driver, Callaway X 3 wood, Nike Hybrid, some off brand 3 iron, Callaway X-20 irons 4-PW, Callaway X 52 degree gap wedge, Cleveland CG-12 sand wedge, and some old no name putter. My best round was a 74 but it was at Avon Field in Cincy and is only a par 66.

Titleist woods, Calloway Fusion irons, play at Bellefonte in Ashland, current handicap 3, play as often as possible maybe 3 or 4 times a week in good weather. Golf is the greatest game, I have heard a thousand times "I wish that I started when I was younger". I was fortunate to come from a golf family and have played nearly all my life. I feel like I have come full circle-I now play at the club where my father grew up as a caddie boy in the 1930's and early 40's to make money for his family. Thanks Dad!

I play, but not near as much as I used to. If I play 3 times a week now, it's a small miracle.

Here's what's in my bag:

Driver- Titleist 902 D2

no 3 wood-hate them all!

17* Nickent hybrid

20* Mizuno hybrid

4-PW Titleist AP2's

54* Cleveland CG12

58* Cleveland CG15

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter

The lowest round I've ever shot was a 62 (-10) at Cynthiana CC in 1998.

The best round I ever had was a 71 in the 1st stage of US Open Qualifying at Old Silo in 2007. It was good enough to get my into Sectional Qualifying in Columbus, OH where I had the chance to play in what was basically a Tour event.

I still love to play, but I don't take it near as serious as I used to. I'm also a high school coach.

Golf is a game that a lot of people make fun of and say it's goofy. My statement to them is, "Well, let's see you play."