Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Golf

Featured Replies

I use Nike Ignite irons and have a really old set of graphite woods, not even sure they're a name brand. I've been in desperate need of new woods for a while now. Last year was the first time in my life I started playing on a regular basis (2 rounds a week or so), and I was able to get my best score to a 41 on 9, and I believe an 88 on 18. This year I've only made it out 3-4 times, and have been absolutely awful. I'm hoping it's just rust from not playing for roughly a year, but it's been quite discouraging so far.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to work on a scramble if August in Louisville will be OK?

Who all plays ? I wouldn't call what I do playing, but it's fun. I picked up the sport a month ago and I love it. It's extremely frustrating though :madman:

 

I'm decent with my driver, woods and putter but I'm terrible with my irons. I usually get 230 - 260 with the driver but I have to play my slice pretty hard.

 

What kind of clubs does everyone use ? I've got a set of Taylormade burners my dad gave me, they're around 10 years old but the guys I play with seem to think they are a pretty nice set.

 

You sound like the kind of player that Atticus and I could get along just fine with...:D

I am going to work on a scramble if August in Louisville will be OK?

 

I love Valhalla golf course.

 

I am in!

 

Thanks!

Played in a scramble today. We shot -9, the winners shot -14.

I play Cobra FP irons, cobra 3W and 3H, Taylor Made driver and a white ice putter. Best score I've ever had was an 83 at Stone Crest. Im about to start picking my game up whenever we finish our baseball season.

79 at Laurel Oaks in Maysville yesterday (from the whites); best score for me in the handful of times I've been out.

So I decided to play in the weekly "senior scramble" at Kenton Station in Maysville today. What a strange day.

 

Good bunch of guys in our group. One was 92 years old (I did say it was a senior scramble). 160 yards straight down the middle on just about every tee shot.

 

We shot -9. With three eagles; the three par 5s. We did nothing else. I made a 50-footer for eagle on the first par 5, I pitched in from 50 yards on the third par 5.

 

And the 92 year-old made a 15-footer from the fringe for eagle on the second par-5. What an interesting round!

I am so excited got a tee time for Friday Sunday Monday can't wait.

I am so excited got a tee time for Friday Sunday Monday can't wait.

 

Where do you play in Louisville? There are some really nice courses in Jefferson Co..

  • Author

Spent around an hour at the driving range today. I get better each time I go.

 

If the yard markers are correct, I can hit a ball pretty far for a guy that just picked up the game. I'm finding ways to correct my slice a little also.

Spent around an hour at the driving range today. I get better each time I go.

 

If the yard markers are correct, I can hit a ball pretty far for a guy that just picked up the game. I'm finding ways to correct my slice a little also.

 

Glad to hear that you are noting improvement. That will keep you coming back. I'm as impressed with the slice correction as with the distance.:thumb:

 

Just remember that most of the time, and on most shots, golf is a game of control. I'm no great golfer, but I've beaten more than a few folks who get caught up in the macho mad-bomber mindset.

  • Author
Glad to hear that you are noting improvement. That will keep you coming back. I'm as impressed with the slice correction as with the distance.:thumb:

 

Just remember that most of the time, and on most shots, golf is a game of control. I'm no great golfer, but I've beaten more than a few folks who get caught up in the macho mad-bomber mindset.

 

That's my main problem right now. I spend too much time with the driver and not enough with my other clubs.

 

I compare it to my first homerun in baseball. After I hit it, all I wanted to do was swing for the fences. I eventually realized I needed to get back to the fundamentals of my swing.

 

I'll eventually grow bored and start working on my short game, but for now I'm having too much fun seeing how close I can come to 400 yards:D

Chip and putt that is what separates the men from the boys in golf.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.