Breaking: Terrence Jones Having Second Thoughts

Wireman

Actually, very very few people refer to their sports teams as "us" or "we". It has zero impact on you, and you have zero impact on them. If Jones did anything at all, he put KENTUCKY in a tight spot, not you or I. Scribe is 100% right.

This is nitpicking and petty. Many fans says us and we in reference to their teams. Not just UK fans. Picking that out of someone's post is childish and could just have easily been looked over without comment. You are Scribe are 100% right in a technicality but 100% wrong in your manner at which you are going about trying to prove a pointless point.

Ready for the onslaught to come my way :rolleyes:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, very very few people refer to their sports teams as "us" or "we". It has zero impact on you, and you have zero impact on them. If Jones did anything at all, he put KENTUCKY in a tight spot, not you or I. Scribe is 100% right.

He's talking about "us" as far as BBN he's not saying it actually put himself as a person in a tight spot. We're all part of BBN whether some of you like it or not. We're fans, we support the team with our money, and quite honestly, I'm enrolled at UK, so technically when I say "us" or "we," it is affecting MY school.

So now you are trying to define normal or what "most" people do? Ummm people can do whatever they want. Why should an individual tell others what is normal???? I explained why I used the term we and us isn't that enough for you????????? What else do you want or do you want me to conform to how you think? And I do think that is a little bit egotistical.

He's talking about "us" as far as BBN he's not saying it actually put himself as a person in a tight spot. We're all part of BBN whether some of you like it or not. We're fans, we support the team with our money, and quite honestly, I'm enrolled at UK, so technically when I say "us" or "we," it is affecting MY school.

And for someone to say it has no impact on the "fan" is oblivious to the truth. Many times when "my" teams go down in a tough defeat or other situation it absolutely affects me. Should it? Probably not, but it does. I doubt many sports fans aren't affected by the outcomes of certain games and decisions or why would you be watching? You watch because you care for the most part, I guess some just for entertainment, but you do care. At the very least, I care.

Here's the deal.

The facts are coming out and it looks like Cal had Jones in the back pocket so he told Leslie to go to NC State. Jones freaks and picks the wrong school, regrets it, calls Cal, rethinking, blah blah blah.

Here's Calipari's position on this:

He loves the kid and wants what's best for him, and although he thinks UK will be best for him, he knows he can get a lot out of Vargas, Thornton, Hill, etc.

He'll tell Jones, hey look bro, it's up to you, I just want to make sure you're making a rational decision that you can live with. Don't do it on account of me or the fans or your people or your family.

In the end, Calipari really will do the classy thing because that's how he is. We've all seen how Calipari has conducted himself in the Bluegrass for the last 12 months - he's the standard of classy representation and showing love for the fans and his players. He's not going to hardball some kid just because the kid is emotional. He's a real professional.

Whether or not Jones comes here, Cal will handle it right.

Trust in Cal!

I agree with you a lot, but we're so far opposite on this one. I can't tell you how many comments I heard and read from UK fans, after the WVU game, say something to the effect of, "Our poor free throw shooting finally caught up with us." Or, "If we would've just gotten the ball down low to Cousins more." Or, "Our three-point shooting was horrendous."

Or after the USC loss, "Devin Downey picked us apart."

You hear it during the NFL draft--"Why did we go after that guy? We needed a defensive lineman, not a receiver" etc, etc.

This is all the guy was doing, and people do it all the time.

Rumor is that Cal is in Portland.

Minutes ago from Facebook:

John Calipari Ellen, Erin, Bradley and I are on the RJ Corman Express to the Derby. What a way to travel! How great does RJ look? A 9-year cancer survivor with the biggest heart and the greatest outlook. I'm lucky to be able to call him my friend.

Somebody had better add the sarcasm smiley pretty darn soon......

I know the thread has been on here before about fans using "we" as if they are somehow involved.

I'm a fan of a different generation and thought-process I guess. Some view it as being a hater because I dont drink the Kool-Aid and look at everything though the blue-colored glasses. So be it. It doesnt and will never keep me from posting what I think about how we play. I mean how UK plays.