Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breaking: Terrence Jones Having Second Thoughts

Featured Replies

No.
I agree. I think that is what had the UK camp (not us) scurrying last night
  • Replies 145
  • Views 21.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Somebody had better add the sarcasm smiley pretty darn soon......

 

I know the thread has been on here before about fans using "we" as if they are somehow involved.

 

I'm a fan of a different generation and thought-process I guess. Some view it as being a hater because I dont drink the Kool-Aid and look at everything though the blue-colored glasses. So be it. It doesnt and will never keep me from posting what I think about how we play. I mean how UK plays.

 

No sarcasm smiley from me. I think your being nit-picky and upset at someone just because the disagree with you.

Somebody had better add the sarcasm smiley pretty darn soon......

 

I know the thread has been on here before about fans using "we" as if they are somehow involved.

 

I'm a fan of a different generation and thought-process I guess. Some view it as being a hater because I dont drink the Kool-Aid and look at everything though the blue-colored glasses. So be it. It doesnt and will never keep me from posting what I think about how we play. I mean how UK plays.

 

Well, we're not that far apart in age, so I don't think it's that. The vast majority of my friends (the UK fans) refer to the team as "we" "us" or "our" all the time. But I'm not a Kool-Aid drinker either. I'll be the first to admit that I think Cal is dirty (of course, I think most major D-1 coaches are). I'm not the type of fan that picks UK to win the national championship or go to the Final Four every year (picked WVU to beat us this year). But UK basketball is all I've known, it is my #1 sports allegiance, and when the team wins, I win. When the team loses, I lose.

 

But back to the original topic. I believe the reports that Jones had told Cal/UK staff that he was coming . And when Jones called Cal to inform him...well, it's lead to this.

 

Either way, if Jones does come to UK, it'll look bad on him and on the program (us :D), whether that's fair or not. It's for that reason that I think he sticks to the UW decision.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #8

People disagree with me all the time. It's why a message board is a great thing. People have that right. And in just about every case, there is someone (and many times more than one) who backs me up. I'm rarely on an island.

 

I can't help it that the tinyest, insignificant things seem to have such an adverse affect on certain fan bases, some of which I am a part of.

If Jones called Calipari to explain, that's one thing.

 

If Calipari is trying to get him to change his mind, that's something totally different.

 

I think this is a prime example why press conferences like this are a bad idea. Just announce it through a press release and go on.

If Jones called Calipari to explain, that's one thing.

 

If Calipari is trying to get him to change his mind, that's something totally different.

 

I think this is a prime example why press conferences like this are a bad idea. Just announce it through a press release and go on.

 

The original reports stated that Cal called Jones. Think that came from the west coast reporter (Percy something). Today, he backed off that statement & stated he wasn't sure who called whom.

 

Again, even if Cal did initiate it, I don't have a problem with it. From what I've read, this happens all the time--kid verbals somewhere, doesn't sign LOI, & keeps getting recruited by other schools. What makes this situation different is that is happened within the hour of the commitment & also that it became very public right away.

 

Leslie committed to NC State & others kept recruiting him. Selby committed to UT & others kept recruiting him. Kanter was committed to UW & now he's a Cat. Austin Rivers committed to Florida & now Duke is recruiting him. I think Cousins committed to two schools (UAB & Memphis) before settling on UK after Cal came here.

 

Simply put, verbal commitments are just that--verbal commitments & not set in stone.

 

From what I understand, so long as a player hasn't signed an LOI, he's fair game. I believe the sports writer out west defended Cal in this, saying he didn't understand why people were bashing Cal. Said he was doing what a coach should do, or something to that effect.

  • Author

The latest word is that folks around the UK program are feeling pretty good about things...

The original reports stated that Cal called Jones. Think that came from the west coast reporter (Percy something). Today, he backed off that statement & stated he wasn't sure who called whom.

 

Again, even if Cal did initiate it, I don't have a problem with it. From what I've read, this happens all the time--kid verbals somewhere, doesn't sign LOI, & keeps getting recruited by other schools. What makes this situation different is that is happened within the hour of the commitment & also that it became very public right away.

 

Leslie committed to NC State & others kept recruiting him. Selby committed to UT & others kept recruiting him. Kanter was committed to UW & now he's a Cat. Austin Rivers committed to Florida & now Duke is recruiting him. I think Cousins committed to two schools (UAB & Memphis) before settling on UK after Cal came here.

 

Simply put, verbal commitments are just that--verbal commitments & not set in stone.

 

From what I understand, so long as a player hasn't signed an LOI, he's fair game. I believe the sports writer out west defended Cal in this, saying he didn't understand why people were bashing Cal. Said he was doing what a coach should do, or something to that effect.

 

:thumb:

The latest word is that folks around the UK program are feeling pretty good about things...

 

We are? I mean they are? :lol:

As with most UK fans, do I want him at UK? YES! Do I want the kid to be torn like this? NO! But, as someone said a few posts ago about how he should wait until he is sure what he wants to do, I don't think the extra time will help, his heart isn't going to change.

 

I just hope his friends, family, and the people in his area see this, and they tell him that he needs to do what is best for him, not what is going to make others happy.

 

I'm with you. As badly as I want Jones in blue & white, I want the kid to succeed. If UW is the best choice for him, then he should make it. If it's UK, it's UK. He has a multi-million dollar future in store, and I want him to see those dreams come true.

We are? I mean they are? :lol:

 

:lol: Chances are looking good for us!

Can we start talking about the UK situation instead of "we" and "us"? Sounds like a bunch of middle schoolers making fun of people. I personally use "we" and "us" all the time, its not a big deal, no need to bash people for saying it and argue about it in a thread about what school a guy is going to.

Wiremans latest tweet has some guys chirping over at TCP.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.