Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breaking: Terrence Jones Having Second Thoughts

Featured Replies

Wow!!!

 

I know this is a little bizarre, but it must be reported - Terrence Jones has not signed a letter of intent with Washington and he spent a great deal of time on the phone with John Calipari following his announcement this evening.

 

Here is an excerpt from Seattletimes.com:

 

There is a UW letter of intent here and it's unsigned at the moment.

 

And there's more.

 

Kentucky coach John Calipari called Jones after his announcement and Jones was on the phone for a very long time. About 15 minutes. Reading body language, Jones seemed pained.

 

He told me, "You hurt thousands of people just as much as you make people happy."

 

Jones' mother said if he hadn't chosen Washington, he was going to pick Kentucky.

 

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskymensbasketballblog/2011749480_terrence_jones_5.html

  • Replies 145
  • Views 21.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says he is going to sit down and finalize the decision tonight. I can't see him turning away from UW, if he does can you imagine the scrutiny he would face changing his mind less than a day later.

  • Author

His coach has confirmed the reports; he is having major second thoughts...

  • Author

Wow, I figured this one would be blowing up by now...

His coach has confirmed the reports; he is having major second thoughts...

 

:scared:

Maybe he grabbed the wrong hat--He seemed pretty uncertain?? :D

Anybody else have a problem with a coach who calls a recruit after his press conference where he announced to another school?

 

How would the Big Blue Nation reacted had Bill Self or Roy Williams called Brandon Knight right after his press conference where he announced UK to try and persuade him to change his mind.

 

Very interesting.

Anybody else have a problem with a coach who calls a recruit after his press conference where he announced to another school?

 

How would the Big Blue Nation reacted had Bill Self or Roy Williams called Brandon Knight right after his press conference where he announced UK to try and persuade him to change his mind.

 

Very interesting.

 

I do and yes Big Blue Nation would be screaming about the unprofessionalism. UNLESS, Cal said congrats and good luck and that was the end of the conversation.

  • Author

I'm not sure what to make of this whole thing just yet....I do believe UK fans would basically die if Roy Williams called and a committed recruit went to UNC...

Anybody else have a problem with a coach who calls a recruit after his press conference where he announced to another school?

How would the Big Blue Nation reacted had Bill Self or Roy Williams called Brandon Knight right after his press conference where he announced UK to try and persuade him to change his mind.

 

Very interesting.

 

 

Yes. :isurrender:

I do and yes Big Blue Nation would be screaming about the unprofessionalism. UNLESS, Cal said congrats and good luck and that was the end of the conversation.

 

The report I've read (don't know whether true or not) is that Jones silently verballed to Cal this week. Then Cal informs Leslie who commits to NC State. Then when the decision comes and Jones announces UW, Cal calls him and asks what happened. Also saw where Momma Jones was supposedly caught off guard too.

 

If that happened (and I admit that's a BIG "if") I have no problem with it at all. If Jones verbally committed to Cal and then backed off, I would EXPECT Cal to react in this way (or any coach for that matter).

 

Come to think of it, if other schools want to continue recruiting Knight or Teague or Gilchrist, I could care less. If they're savvy enough to get them away from us, why not try?

 

Having said that, I think Jones stays at UW.

How would the Big Blue Nation reacted had Bill Self or Roy Williams called Brandon Knight right after his press conference where he announced UK to try and persuade him to change his mind.

 

How do we know he (or Calhoun or Donovan) didn't? Just asking.

I'm not trying to assume anything, but I'll bet GT would tell us that this kind of stuff happens all the time--players being recruited even after they've committed. So long as the LOI isn't signed, they're fair game. It's just that it usually doesn't start within the hour of the recruitment.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.