Breaking: Terrence Jones Having Second Thoughts

Wireman

Wild scenario last night, eh?

Somewhat mirrors the Ralph Sampson recruitment many moons ago.

My take on this is that Jones had set his mind up to go to UK and even told the UK staff, and his parents, that was what he was planning on doing.

Then they got up there in front of the masses along with his buddy Terrance Ross who has longed to play with Jones, and at that last minute he picked up the Huskies hat...which some say his parents acted somewhat surprised by his choice.

Afterwards he and his family were seen huddling in the corner of the gym discussing things and there was not many people around him.

He then calls Coach Cal or Coach O and talks about what he has just done.

He doesn't sign his LOI and is now sorting through what he is going to do. He didn't want to disappoint his buddy Ross, but feels Washington may not be best for him personally and is now caught up in what he wants to do for "himself".

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kentucky coach John Calipari called Jones after his announcement and Jones was on the phone for a very long time. About 15 minutes. Reading body language, Jones seemed pained.

He told me, "You hurt thousands of people just as much as you make people happy."

]

Am I the only one that read this as Cal saying to the kid "YOU hurt thousands of people just as much as you make people happy?"

The writer from the Seattle times clarified it today saying Jones said it to the writer. Cal never said those words. He was not quoting Cal.

Us? Who is us? How did he put you in bad shape?

Back off, dude. People use "we" & "us" all the time when they have a passionate allegiance for their team--"We're having a great year"..."Their press killed us."

Why call a guy out for something tons of others do quite frequently?

:rolleyes:

So here is the story my friends. Jones did give Cal a verbal earlier this week and that is a reason we missed out on Leslie. Cal of course did not try and hide it from Leslie and he told him about Jones giving a verbal so he chose to go the other way. So Jones put us in bad shape. It's alright though kids change their minds all the time. Nothing we can do about it but just move on. Does anyone know if he made a final decision last night? Or is he still thinking it over?

I believe this theory (or story). I don't think Cal would put his heart and soul in to 2 recruits and miss on both. There had to have been something said to Cal to make him believe Jones was going to commit.

I believe this theory (or story). I don't think Cal would put his heart and soul in to 2 recruits and miss on both. There had to have been something said to Cal to make him believe Jones was going to commit.

I agree too. Jones had verballed (silently) to Cal earlier in the week. Cal tried to sell Leslie on playing w/ Jones & Leslie would have nothing of it. Jones is set on UK, but then opts for UW at the last second. One recruiting guy says that Jones literally changed his mind while sitting at the table & "he immediately knew he made the wrong choice."

Jones' heart tells him to play @ UW with Ross. Jones' mind tells him Cal is a quick ticket to the League.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Us? Who is us? How did he put you in bad shape?

We and us is the UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY WILDCATS. Best fans in the world and the most passionate. We take pride in our team. I do not know why you had to call this out in the middle of the thread when 99.9% of the people reading this thread knew who I was talking about. He put Cal in bad shape because the only post player could be Josh Harrelson if Enes is suspended at all. That is how it is a bad shape if that's what you were trying to clarify. And he put me in bad shape as a fan because I will be there watching that team with no post players because I am not a half hearted fan like most fans in this day in age. For goodness sakes still go to Reds and Bengals games and give them my money because that is "my team" hopefully I have explained this clearly enough. Sorry thread viewers that this is taking away from any info about Terrence Jones since the thread is about him.

Back off, dude. People use "we" & "us" all the time when they have a passionate allegiance for their team--"We're having a great year"..."Their press killed us."

Why call a guy out for something tons of others do quite frequently?

:rolleyes:

Thanks dude I appreciate the back-up. I'm glad everyone else understood what my point was.

We and us is the UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY WILDCATS. Best fans in the world and the most passionate. We take pride in our team. I do not know why you had to call this out in the middle of the thread when 99.9% of the people reading this thread knew who I was talking about. He put Cal in bad shape because the only post player could be Josh Harrelson if Enes is suspended at all. That is how it is a bad shape if that's what you were trying to clarify. And he put me in bad shape as a fan because I will be there watching that team with no post players because I am not a half hearted fan like most fans in this day in age. For goodness sakes still go to Reds and Bengals games and give them my money because that is "my team" hopefully I have explained this clearly enough. Sorry thread viewers that this is taking away from any info about Terrence Jones since the thread is about him.

Thanks dude I appreciate the back-up. I'm glad everyone else understood what my point was.

:thumb: Scribe is just a UK hater and taking it out on you.