Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breaking: Terrence Jones Having Second Thoughts

Featured Replies

  • Replies 145
  • Views 21.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, very very few people refer to their sports teams as "us" or "we". It has zero impact on you, and you have zero impact on them. If Jones did anything at all, he put KENTUCKY in a tight spot, not you or I. Scribe is 100% right.

 

We will remind you of this the next time we see you post on here of the "we "or "us "or "our":D:eyeonyou: .

I'm with you. As badly as I want Jones in blue & white, I want the kid to succeed. If UW is the best choice for him, then he should make it. If it's UK, it's UK. He has a multi-million dollar future in store, and I want him to see those dreams come true.

 

I agree , he really seems like a good kid , who wants to do the right thing . I just hope it is the right choice for him .:thumb:

Can we start talking about the UK situation instead of "we" and "us"? Sounds like a bunch of middle schoolers making fun of people. I personally use "we" and "us" all the time, its not a big deal, no need to bash people for saying it and argue about it in a thread about what school a guy is going to.

 

:thumb: Exactly why it shouldn't have been brought up.

Us? Who is us? How did he put you in bad shape?

 

Actually, very very few people refer to their sports teams as "us" or "we". It has zero impact on you, and you have zero impact on them. If Jones did anything at all, he put KENTUCKY in a tight spot, not you or I. Scribe is 100% right.

 

I go to the University of Kentucky, so yes I know I do say we and us. It is my school that I go to, the basketball team is a part of the school I pay to go to. The Bengals and the Reds are my two hometown teams, since I am from NKY. Us people pay money to go see their games. If it wasn't for fans going to the games, and paying money to do that, they wouldn't be here. So they too are also my teams, because they are the teams I root for. As someone said in another post, this is very middle schoolerish for people to even get on people about saying we or us for their favorite team.

 

By the way I think your 100% wrong in thinking very few people don't say those things. IMO the majority of the people, usually end up saying we or us about their teams.

I'm with you. As badly as I want Jones in blue & white, I want the kid to succeed. If UW is the best choice for him, then he should make it. If it's UK, it's UK. He has a multi-million dollar future in store, and I want him to see those dreams come true.

 

:thumb:

Can we start talking about the UK situation instead of "we" and "us"? Sounds like a bunch of middle schoolers making fun of people. I personally use "we" and "us" all the time, its not a big deal, no need to bash people for saying it and argue about it in a thread about what school a guy is going to.

 

:thumb:

Who cares if people associate themselves with their team like that? How in the world does it affect any of you? Its a bit smug to call someone out like that, IMO...

 

As for Jones, I'm really curious how this will turn out in the national media if he ends up at UK... People are going to be all over it, but IMO, Calipari did absolutely nothing wrong...

I'm curious what Wireman's tweet was about...

What did Wireman's tweet say?

 

Picture of a fax machine...

Yea along with the paying to go to the games. That is kind of like owning stock in that team. It helps pay for everything. If sports offered stocks like corporations I would definitely buy some in the UK wildcats, Cincy Reds, and Bengals. I already give them so much money anyway in merchandise and clothes let alone paying for the tickets and everything. I think the proverbial fork should be put into this debate though. I started it with a comment so I shall end it. There is going to be both sides which doesn't bother me at all. People can do whatever they want, I prefer to call my teams, my teams. I am proud of MY teams so that's why I say that. If you prefer something else that is perfectly fine no big deal.

 

As far as Jones, I do now see how UK or Cal can not feel positive about this because Jones is definitely reconsidering obviously so that does not bode well for Washington or he would just stick with them. In the end he might that is definitely a possibility but if I were a Washington fan I would definitely be worried.

 

UK should not get bad press if Jones ends up in this great state. Cal did not sway him after he signed a letter of intent or give him money or anything like that. Kids change their minds all the time. He just doesn't know what to do at this time. No big deal. He is just a teenager and probably one of the biggest decisions of his life thus far so we all need to give him a break. Especially people that would bad mouth Cal if Jones does end up not going to Washington. Cal has done nothing wrong in this situation unless other details come out later but I do not see that happening.

The latest word is that folks around the UK program are feeling pretty good about things...

 

To all my fellow BBN comrades, things seem to be looking good for us.

To all my fellow BBN comrades, things seem to be looking good for us.

 

:thumb:

The suspense is killing me. If we get that LOI it would be awesome.

So what is going on?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.