Terrence Jones Verbal

Cover Corner

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the one player in the class at PF who was created to run the Dribble-Drive, face up to the basket and play the perfect 4 and part-time 5 for Calipari is Jones.

This right here is why Matt Jones is a complete fraud when it comes to recruiting. Jones getting minutes as a 5? Clearly he has never seen the kid play in anything other than an all star game...

But the one player in the class at PF who was created to run the Dribble-Drive, face up to the basket and play the perfect 4 and part-time 5 for Calipari is Jones.

This right here is why Matt Jones is a complete fraud when it comes to recruiting. Jones getting minutes as a 5? Clearly he has never seen the kid play in anything other than an all star game...

I thought that was a little off... I've seen him play three times, only games nationally televised, I even knew he was more of a 3/4 than a 4/5....

I thought that was a little off... I've seen him play three times, only games nationally televised, I even knew he was more of a 3/4 than a 4/5....

:thumb:

First, let's just cite Larry Vaught since he is the one saying that. Let me say that I love Larry to death, but he has been a little wrong lately.

Second, Terrence Jones at the 5 spot? He's closer to a shooting guard than he is a 5.

Third, well, I'm not even going to go there. Let me just say that UK has a shot to land Jones and let's hope for the best :thumb:

At UK he would be a 4 I would imagine. Which with UK's offense still means he will be on the perimeter most of the time and be a matchup problem. I'm not saying Jones is a center at all, but with Kanter and Harrelson being the only 2 big men right now he may have to play 5 if UK goes small out of necessity.

Assuming Jones comes here of course and if UK didn't get someone else inside.