Lexington Catholic 9 Lexington Christian 6 (5 1/2 innings)

Called for darkness. Lex Cath victorious in a city 1 vs 2 battle.

Gee, last year CovCath played LexCath and it too was called for darkness but it was senior day and the game got started late. It ended in 8-8 tie.

Just curious but what time did this game start?

Catholic doesn't have lights on their baseball field?

Nope which is sad considering how much money has been funneled into that facility. I never understood why you would have a facility with as good of surroundings as they've got and not have lights on the entire thing.

Nope which is sad considering how much money has been funneled into that facility. I never understood why you would have a facility with as good of surroundings as they've got and not have lights on the entire thing.

You know I love baseball, but honestly why have lights on a HS baseball field! I mean usually (at least in NKy) the temperature is never as nice as they have been this year, so why have lights for a night game in temps in the 40's, when you can play a game in the upper 50's or lower 60 in the sun light! Sure later in the season the weather gets nicer but for the expense to me at least, it isn't worth the cost for such a few games!

TOG - I'm with you. As a fan that watches a lot of high school baseball, I know I would much rather watch the games from 5:00 to 7:30 or 8:00 pm versus 7:00 to 9:30 or 10:00 pm. It is just too darn cold at that time of the evening in the spring (at least in NKy). I'm also with the president (?) at LexCath, if donors are giving that kind of money, spend it somewhere else where it can be more useful (technology lab, library or some other academic way).

Rumor has it, lights will be part of the new turf/additions made to the sports complex. I believe that lights were going to be put up a couple years ago, but the surrounding community/houses fought it. I am not forsure how the how this is going this time around.

You know I love baseball, but honestly why have lights on a HS baseball field! I mean usually (at least in NKy) the temperature is never as nice as they have been this year, so why have lights for a night game in temps in the 40's, when you can play a game in the upper 50's or lower 60 in the sun light! Sure later in the season the weather gets nicer but for the expense to me at least, it isn't worth the cost for such a few games!

I think you have to have lights, especially at schools that play their JV games right after the Varsity games. If you didn't have lights on the field the JV may play 1 game a week, but because of lights I know most JV teams in the 12th region can play 4 or 5 games a week. I know most people only watch Varsity but you have to remember those JV kids want to be out on that field also. They practice all year long and even though it may be cold the first month I guarantee you won't hear them complain!

New turf, Lights, storage facility and hitting facility are going up this summer at Lex Cath. It is true that donors tried in the past but the past President did not allow it. Its good to see a top ranked program finally get top ranked facilities.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

New turf, Lights, storage facility and hitting facility are going up this summer at Lex Cath. It is true that donors tried in the past but the past President did not allow it. Its good to see a top ranked program finally get top ranked facilities.