Doc Morris Tournament

hja1224

Ludlow defeated Ncc 6-3 in the 1st game and then in the 2nd game had 2 errors in the bottom of the 7th to lose to Holy Cross 1-0.Hopefully the Panthers earn some respect today.

Ludlow looked good today. Their impressive play of late should definantly give them some more respect around the region. Ludlow played great against Ncc and held a lead the whole game after the first inning.

Ludlow : Camerena (w) 2-4 2 rbi's, Penick 3-4 2rbi's vs. NCC

Against Holy Cross Ludlow should have won. Penick threw 7 innings and didnt allow an earned run. The only run Holy Cross had was from 2 errors in the last inning to cost Ludlow the game.

Last second situation: All tied up. 1 out. Bottom of the 7th. Penick still on the mound. Holy Cross # 22 is up to bat. Hits a high fly ball above 1st base. The first basemen for Ludlow couldnt see the ball because of the sun. Ludlow's Second basemen called for the ball and simply didnt catch it. Hit off his glove then the chest. Holy Crosses batter alertly went to second base. So guy on second base with 1 out. The next batter hits a soft grounder to Ludlow's pitcher Penick he double checks the runner on second and realizes he is way to far off the bag. He throws it to his shortstop Stegemoller . The runner heads for third. Stegemoller bobbles the ball and throws it too third. The throw was low and Ludlow's Third Basemen couldnt scoop it. It got past him and to the fence and holy cross ran to Home plate and scored the game winning run. 1-0 Holy Cross. Great Game.

Ludlow: Only had 3 hits. (L) Penick 7 inn, 0 ER. 2-3 2B, Webster 1-3

Three weeks into the season now, how would you rate the top 10?

Have to think a little on this one, so this is off the top of my head. Dixie for sure is #1. I would probably give #2 to Ryle right now, but acknowledge that my bias might be playing into that one. CCH has proven to me that they are a solid team and definitely in the top tier. Right now I'm having a hard time separating Ryle, Boone, and CCH for #2, 3, and 4. Conner, NCC, Holy Cross, and Beechwood would make up my next tier (#5, 6, 7, and 8). St. Henry and maybe Ludlow at #9 and #10. If 10th region NKY teams are to be included I would put Brossart at #7, Campbell #10.

Edited by cooperstown