Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lance Stephenson to Leave Cincy; Enter Draft

Featured Replies

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/04/07/lance-stephenson-to-enter-nba-draft/

 

“I have decided to withdraw from the University of Cincinnati and enter my name into this year’s NBA draft,” Stephenson said. “After carefully reviewing my options, it is now clear to me that the need to emotionally and financially support my family, especially my young daughter, along with my long-standing and burning passion to play in the NBA, outweighs my desire to return to the University of Cincinnati

  • Replies 46
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch.

 

He's also withdrawing from school, so will this end up costing Cincy a scholarship?

  • Author
Ouch.

 

He's also withdrawing from school, so will this end up costing Cincy a scholarship?

 

Yep. Calipari was right - he is a me-first player :lol:

Doesn't surprise me, there is a reason that a bunch of programs stayed away from this kid during recruiting.

 

I wish him the best in trying to make the NBA.

Didn't know he had a daughter.

Ouch. Hopefully Cincy doesnt give him the Orton treatment. Im interested to see GTs reaction on this. I wish him the best of luck. He is a really good ball player, but he needs another year. This years draft is weak, Weak, WEAK! It is a pretty selfish decision to withdraw from school, especially, when no other school really gave you a chance, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Best of luck to Lance.

Definitely not surprised to see him put his name into the NBA draft. I wonder what he'll be projected.

 

A shame if this costs UC a scholarship.

I really wish he wouldn't withdraw early...that is a shame considering UC was one of his very few options.

I must say GT really sold my on Born Ready. I don't think the kid is anywhere close to ready to play in the NBA, but I could see why he's going. Doesn't sound like a "me first" guy from his quote considering he has another mouth to feed. I feel sorry for Lance and I hope he catches on quick in the NBA and has a good career. If he can get a jumpshot down I think he could play some serious minutes in the NBA. Unfortunately he's a mid to late 2nd round pick at best I'd say.

You won't be hearing from Stephenson again once he joins the NBA. He will be a marginal player during a short-lived career.

Everything started going in this direction once Lance went back to NYC for spring break, so I was expecting him to declare at some point soon. His family was told he will go at the end of the first round, and while everything I know says otherwise I can't blame him for wanting to take care of his family. He's going to be lucky to get drafted at all, so withdrawing from UC and not keeping his options open is his biggest mistake IMO. Lance is a good kid that has a great work ethic and I am glad I got to know him while he was here, and I wish him nothing but the best as he goes after his ultimate dream...

Not surprised by the decision, but gang don't fault the kid fault the system.

 

Mick needed a kid like Stephenson to really bolster their offense and kind of get their name out there. He played well in the BE Tourney if I recall correctly and found his mojo a bit.

 

I wish the kid the best.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.