April 7, 201016 yr Not surprised by the decision, but gang don't fault the kid fault the system. Mick needed a kid like Stephenson to really bolster their offense and kind of get their name out there. He played well in the BE Tourney if I recall correctly and found his mojo a bit. I wish the kid the best. :thumb: When you have a family of your own the last thing on your mind is costing your school a scholly. I hope he does well and can provide for his child. I agree with the poster who said if he can develop a jump shot, then he could have a nice career. I actually really enjoyed him and I do think people were wrong about his attitude. I do think he needs another year, but you have to do whats best for yourself in life. Nobody lives there life trying to please everyone else, or you will fail. I have the same feelings about Born Ready as I do Orton.
April 7, 201016 yr Author I think he'll get picked in the 2nd round, but he is really hurting himself by not staying in school and at least giving himself an option. He's not going to be doing his family any favors on a D-League salary.
April 7, 201016 yr I think he'll get picked in the 2nd round, but he is really hurting himself by not staying in school and at least giving himself an option. He's not going to be doing his family any favors on a D-League salary. I really think people from the Nets and Knicks got in the family's ear over the last few weeks. The Nets have a late 1st round pick and the Knicks have two early 2nd round selections. While I don't think they take him in those spots, I'm sure they wanted to make sure they had the option if they wanted to take it...
April 7, 201016 yr I hope he does get drafted but I think he might have made a really bad decision. Best of luck to him. Maybe he can learn how to shoot between now and the draft.
April 7, 201016 yr Just a few months ago he said he wasn't an NBA player. Now he is dropping out of school? Hope things work out for him. I guess at worst he can go over sea and play but then won't get to see his family as often.
April 7, 201016 yr :thumb: When you have a family of your own the last thing on your mind is costing your school a scholly. I hope he does well and can provide for his child. I agree with the poster who said if he can develop a jump shot, then he could have a nice career. I actually really enjoyed him and I do think people were wrong about his attitude. I do think he needs another year, but you have to do whats best for yourself in life. Nobody lives there life trying to please everyone else, or you will fail. I have the same feelings about Born Ready as I do Orton. I don't see how 6 more weeks of college would hurt his ability to take care of his family.
April 7, 201016 yr Not surprised by the decision, but gang don't fault the kid fault the system. Mick needed a kid like Stephenson to really bolster their offense and kind of get their name out there. He played well in the BE Tourney if I recall correctly and found his mojo a bit. I wish the kid the best. :thumb: Hope it works out as well.
April 7, 201016 yr Author I really think people from the Nets and Knicks got in the family's ear over the last few weeks. The Nets have a late 1st round pick and the Knicks have two early 2nd round selections. While I don't think they take him in those spots, I'm sure they wanted to make sure they had the option if they wanted to take it... I always hate when good players get ruined by bad advice :madman: He's a nice player but he needs to have a big season in college to really get some big bucks.
April 7, 201016 yr UC is on quarters and the new session just started Monday so he can pull out of classes and only have the 1 point hit on the APR. He finished both of his first two quarters in good academic standing and did everything asked of him at UC...
April 7, 201016 yr UC is on quarters and the new session just started Monday so he can pull out of classes and only have the 1 point hit on the APR. He finished both of his first two quarters in good academic standing and did everything asked of him at UC... So they will not lose a scholarship then? That's good news.
April 7, 201016 yr So they will not lose a scholarship then? That's good news. There is going to be some more turnover to the roster so things could get close to the danger zone, but they will not take much of a hit because he is leaving school...
April 7, 201016 yr I hope he does get drafted but I think he might have made a really bad decision. Best of luck to him. Maybe he can learn how to shoot between now and the draft. He has good enough form to learn how to shoot. I think he'll be a pretty good NBA player. Just not next year.
April 7, 201016 yr Hate to hear this, he's not far from being a dominant college player, I wish him well.
April 7, 201016 yr I wish Lance well, and really want him to succeed. However, I feel that if he is playing pro ball next year it will be in the D-League. He may end up somewhere in the second round, GMs draft on potential and he has is walking around with an NBA frame. But, his jumper is just no where near what it needs to be and could use a lot of work. I think Lance ends up playing in the League, I just don't think it will be next year. Cannot fault him for wanting to take care of his family, but we all knew as soon as he enrolled in college that it would be just a one year deal. He was coming out no matter what, its just kind of sad that considering sticking around to work on your game and increase your chances of getting that big pay day later was not an option.
April 7, 201016 yr Mick on Lance going pro. “Lance and his family are not uninformed or misguided about his draft status,” Cronin said. “They understand the road that lies ahead for him. His personal circumstances dictate that he try to continue his development in the NBA while he’s getting paid. He’s going to get that opportunity to do it while alleviating the pressure on his family. “His family as well as myself came away with the same research, that his talent is intriguing but his draft status is not particularly high. But that doesn’t mean that couldn’t change. He’s got to work hard at it. That’s one thing he’s not afraid to do.” http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2010/04/07/cronin-supports-stephensons-decision/
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.