Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pre-Season Nky Top 10?

Featured Replies

I will take a 6'5 220 pound junior to be from Ft. Thomas. He will be getting some pretty good coaching from a 6'4 300 pounder give or take a few lbs....:clap::clap:

 

I think the Towles kid can be very good. He will not, though, put up 1000/1000.

  • Replies 374
  • Views 29.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
I think the Towles kid can be very good. He will not, though, put up 1000/1000.

 

No 1,500 and 500...

I think the Towles kid can be very good. He will not, though, put up 1000/1000.

 

I hope to watch Highlands play a few games this year.

No 1,500 and 500...

 

I can go with that.

Losing Simpson is a lot to bear. Still think SK is top 5.

1. Highlands

2. Ryle

 

 

3. CovCath

4. Dixie

5. Simon Kenton

6. Beechwood

7. NCC

8. Boone Co.

9. Holmes

10. Campbell Co.

 

I would move Simon Kenton up to #3 and Campbell Co. up to #8. Boone Co. is facing a cross roads year in their program and I just am not sure which direction they are headed. I honestly feel Ryle will be more talented than Highlands but I can't put anyone above Highlands until someone proves it on the field.

I think you can post HHS and Ryle as one and two, after that I think there are a ton of question marks. If SK coach Marksberry and his staff can mold an offensive line they should be the 3rd ranked team. As far as the Lawrence debate goes, I wouldn't trade him for any other QB in NKY and there will be a few good ones in '10. I will miss Miles, no doubt but Lawrence will make Friday nights fun, a true winner and no doubt the best QB ever in the programs 45 years.

I think you can post HHS and Ryle as one and two, after that I think there are a ton of question marks. If SK coach Marksberry and his staff can mold an offensive line they should be the 3rd ranked team. As far as the Lawrence debate goes, I wouldn't trade him for any other QB in NKY and there will be a few good ones in '10. I will miss Miles, no doubt but Lawrence will make Friday nights fun, a true winner and no doubt the best QB ever in the programs 45 years.

 

:thumb:

I hope to watch Highlands play a few games this year.

 

Maybe S.K. could step up and play Highlands??

Sage Powell is a good runner but come on not the caliber of Miles! Agreed that it is not fair to Sage to make the comparisons. Simon will have a good year just don't think they are anywhere near Highlands or Ryle - in the end we can talk all we want but games are won on the field - can't wait for the season to start!

Personally I think this could be Ryle's best team ever. They are very talented on both sides of the ball. Ryle could be the best team in Nky and top 3 or 4 in the state..JMO :thumb:

 

Is this record broken? Ryle has yet to live up to the hype. The year they went to the state championship was a year with tempered expectations w/ 2 great RBs. They just never seem to be able to live up to what everyone predicts for them.

 

Until they committ to Hempel, they will not achieve everything they should. They have to be able to air the ball out consistently. Additionally, unless their defense improves by leaps and bounds, they may not be the best team Ryle has had in the last 4 years.

Sage Powell is a good runner but come on not the caliber of Miles! Agreed that it is not fair to Sage to make the comparisons. Simon will have a good year just don't think they are anywhere near Highlands or Ryle - in the end we can talk all we want but games are won on the field - can't wait for the season to start!

 

Last year Miles only played half the games because of an ankle injury and Sage is just as fast or faster than Miles and Ryle didnt do anything last year that impressed me.

By the end of the season, NewCath will be in the top 5 in NKY. They return a lot of skill players. Depending on how the summer goes, you could have Hitchew, Kelly, and Hayes splitting carries. Word has it that Miller is playing again, and Cain, the Soph, has a very strong arm. The winner of this battle and the ability of the line to gel will dictate the season. Their defense will be very good.

Simon Kenton 49 Ryle 29 i remember this game being pretty one sided til Simon Kenton put in there 2nd string after half time!!!!!!

Ryle should be better. I think a lot will depend on play calling. Over heard one coach say they plan on running the ball 50 times a game. IMO that would be a big mistake. If you have a D-1 QB use him. S.K. will be good. Not as good as last year, IMO. But can they beat Ryle, yes. Highlands will always be good. Until S.K. and Highlands play each other we will never know who is better. The good thing about Ryle vs S.K. we will find out in about 6 months.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.