Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Plot Thickens on Daniel Orton's Situation

Featured Replies

:lol:

Yes. You can miss more than 2 classes and still pass at UK. Trust me on that one.

:sssh::lol::cool:

 

Exactly so why the reaction if he might have missed a few days of classes.

  • Replies 95
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Withdrawal day was this past Friday I believe... Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure about that.

 

It was yesterday.

Pretty sure Cal told all of the frosh (aside from Hood) to test the NBA draft waters, but to keep their grades in order in case they decided to come back. So this really comes as no surprise. If Orton drops out of school, this would be a huge blow below the belt to the program. I hope he does the right thing and doesn't risk costing the university a scholarship.

Wow, you have to feel bad for Orton. I know his dad is just wanting what's best for Daniel, but he's created a real mess.

Exactly so why the reaction if he might have missed a few days of classes.

 

Well it's not a good look to be missing class when you are on the team but my concern is more for him dropping out than missing classes. I just hope he knows what he is doing. I'd hate for him to come back and be academically ineligible seeing as how we all know he is missing class and most likely dropping all of his spring semester classes.

  • Author
No agent I assume?

 

He is listed on there with no agent.

 

I have no idea if he dropped out of school or anything.

I think people jumped to conclusions from the beginning and were blaming Daniel too much for comments his father made. This young man has been very mature and handled this whole situation with class. Despite what some think, he is a high character guy, along with all of the other UK frosh.

Pretty sure Cal told all of the frosh (aside from Hood) to test the NBA draft waters, but to keep their grades in order in case they decided to come back. So this really comes as no surprise. If Orton drops out of school, this would be a huge blow below the belt to the program. I hope he does the right thing and doesn't risk costing the university a scholarship.

 

How can this cost UK a scholarship ?

How can this cost UK a scholarship ?

 

If it makes them fall below the APR (Academic Progress Rate). UT was just one point under last year and lost a scholarship because of it. You need an APR of at least 925.

I don't blame Larry Orton for the things he said, Daniel Orton is his son, not DeMarcus Cousins, so of course he is going to think his son is better. Do I agree with what he said? No, but I'd imagine that if he is this vocal about his son's future, then I'm sure he has always been a staple in Daniel's sporting career, and it is only natural for him to talk up his own kid.

  • Author

Orton says on Facebook tha the is leaving Lexington but will finish his classes online from California...

Daniel Orton's latest tweets from twitter......

 

 

danielorton33

 

People I KNOW that if I dropped outta school it would cost UK a scholarship. I'm not self centered or a me person at all. I'm a team player.

 

 

 

danielorton33

 

That's why I didn't. Your scholarship won't be taken away for all you fans out there that need it so badly!!

Daniel needs to get off Twitter or stop tweeting for a while.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.