Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Plot Thickens on Daniel Orton's Situation

Featured Replies

Kentucky big man Daniel Orton sent the following out to his followers on Twitter a few minutes ago:

 

danielorton33 3 things I want to address: 1. I've never been a me first person. I came to UK bc I loved the fans. I care what they think of me.

 

danielorton33 2. I have a great relationship w ALL the coaches 3. Demarcus is a GREAT player and he made me better and he deserves all the praise and

 

danielorton33 accolades he's received

 

danielorton33 Please understand my dad lost the love of his life of 23 yrs. He is a great father and a great example of a strong Christian man.

 

danielorton33 We are a very humble family. Its been an emotional year and a half. We are all still grieving bc my mom was our rock.

 

These messages have been followed by out pours of love and support for Orton by many of his followers.

  • Replies 95
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang. I feel bad for the big fella. He still is a kid and I bet he had no idea how tumultuous these last few days would be. I wish him and his family well. Losing a loved on is something that takes a long time to get over and some people never recover.

Thats great of him to do that. He shows a lot of maturity. I think very highly of Orton, always have.

I did not realize all that Orton has gone thru in the past 18 months. I hope he is a Cat for at least 1 more season! I hope Orton comes back and becomes the dominant presence he has the potential to be.

Thats great of him to do that. He shows a lot of maturity. I think very highly of Orton, always have.

 

:thumb:

 

Daniel has been great. His Dad has started virtually every controversy.

I did not realize all that Orton has gone thru in the past 18 months. I hope he is a Cat for at least 1 more season! I hope Orton comes back and becomes the dominant presence he has the potential to be.

 

How can he come back if he has stopped attending his classes???? He wouldn't be academically eligible would he? :confused:

I still think alot of times we as fans jump to conclusions to quick ,whether it be here at Uk ,Louisville ,UNC,Duke or any other school . Alot of times we forget that these athletes are just kids and we do it before we know the whole story or their situations . I hope Big Daddy the best of luck with the decision that he makes as I do the other 5Cats ;,whether it is in the draft ,in the NBA or returning to the Cats . As far as Daniel I think it speaks well of him to come out an explain a little more of his situation even thought he did not have too. Also THANKS Wireman for posting this for us .

How can he come back if he has stopped attending his classes???? He wouldn't be academically eligible would he? :confused:

 

That confused me also. I thought that I read somewhere that his dad said he was dropping out now in case he did come back. Does that mean he was failing this semester and dropped out before his grades counted this semester? I think there is a certain date a student can drop out by and his grades not count against him. If you drop the class after the date then I think the grade counts. I could be wrong but that is the only thing I can think of that makes sense.

How can he come back if he has stopped attending his classes???? He wouldn't be academically eligible would he? :confused:

 

If he is in Lexington how do we know he quit going to classes? If he isn't in Lexington can you miss two days of class and still pass?

That confused me also. I thought that I read somewhere that his dad said he was dropping out now in case he did come back. Does that mean he was failing this semester and dropped out before his grades counted this semester? I think there is a certain date a student can drop out by and his grades not count against him. If you drop the class after the date then I think the grade counts. I could be wrong but that is the only thing I can think of that makes sense.

 

The Withdrawal day was this past Friday I believe... Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure about that.

  • Author

I can confirm that he officially entered the Draft. He is on the official NBA list.

I can confirm that he officially entered the Draft. He is on the official NBA list.

 

No agent I assume?

If he is in Lexington how do we know he quit going to classes? If he isn't in Lexington can you miss two days of class and still pass?

 

:lol:

Yes. You can miss more than 2 classes and still pass at UK. Trust me on that one.

:sssh::lol::cool:

No agent I assume?

 

:ohbrother: I hope not just in case he isnt 100% set on going but I hope he goes top 10 if he does get drafted.

:lol:

Yes. You can miss more than 2 classes and still pass at UK. Trust me on that one.

:sssh::lol::cool:

 

I was about to say the same. :lol:

 

I once had a friend asked by a fellow classmate: "What kind of student is he?" (referring to me)

 

"not bad," my friend said, "great if you consider Hatz never goes to class." :D

 

(If you have a set number of unexcused absences, and don't take them, it's like losing vacation days at work. :sssh:)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.