Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Plot Thickens on Daniel Orton's Situation

Featured Replies

But if they both fail, what is the difference?

 

So, you wouldn't have drafted Kobe, Garnett, James, etc, etc?

 

The difference to me is that you have at least have a little something to go by instead of just throwing something up and seeing if it sticks... If I'm going on a trip, I'd rather drive my own car and take the risk that it might break down rather than hitchhike and just hope I get picked up. Either way, I might get there... But there's always a risk that I won't.

 

LeBron showed to everyone that he was deserving of the #1 pick, so yes I would have drafted him and never looked back.

 

I don't remember Kobe and KG as high schoolers, so I can't say.

  • Replies 95
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's what the NBA looks at IMO...they know exactly what Patterson for example does well and poorly and assume he is almost capped out on his potential after 3 years of college. Orton, they know what he does well and poorly to an extent...but have NO idea what he could turn in to. That for whatever reason is what drives NBA GM's.

Here's what the NBA looks at IMO...they know exactly what Patterson for example does well and poorly and assume he is almost capped out on his potential after 3 years of college. Orton, they know what he does well and poorly to an extent...but have NO idea what he could turn in to. That for whatever reason is what drives NBA GM's.

 

And if he's capped out (I don't think he is), they just wasted a pick.

 

The system is definitely set up so that if you stay 4 years you are less likely to get big money in the NBA draft, and that's a shame IMO. You can't fault anybody for leaving early.

Here's what the NBA looks at IMO...they know exactly what Patterson for example does well and poorly and assume he is almost capped out on his potential after 3 years of college. Orton, they know what he does well and poorly to an extent...but have NO idea what he could turn in to. That for whatever reason is what drives NBA GM's.

 

After thinking about Bledsoe in the draft, this is exactly why he should leave now instead of waiting until they have time to determine what they think are his shortcomings. He's not NBA ready, but it's very possible that his value will drop instead of rising.:idunno:

I saw on the ESPN draft blog where Oklahoma City would take him with one of their 2 first round picks. That would be a great situation for him.

Taking unproven draft picks high that fail are not why the NBA is in trouble. It's because teams like the Wizards give agent zero $100 Million contract.

 

Exactly.

 

I think Orton will be a lot better of a pro than Cole Aldrich. So he should go to this draft IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.