Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Darnell Dodson to Enter NBA Draft

Featured Replies

Dodson is smoking crack if he thinks he can play in the NBA.

 

He couldnt even create his own shot this year and was inconsistent from 3pt land. Sad thing is IMO he and Miller can leave for all I care. Miller is too soft and has ZERO confidence, his shot is terrible and he would be better suited in a different environment.

 

I can see this starting lineup next year.

Kanter-5

Leslie-4

Liggons-3

Knight-2

Selby-1

 

Once again 3 or 4 that could go to NBA after one year.

 

Wow, Darius Miller is UK's best returning player as of now and it's not even close. If Darius leaves along with all these other players set your high hopes for next season on hold. He will be needed now more than ever and I expect a huge season for him.

  • Replies 105
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I talked to someone that I trust at UK and he told me "anything involving Dodson is non-basketball related..."

 

So, whatever that means.

 

His declaring makes much more sense if that is the case. He may end up at a NAIA school next year if he is not taking care of business in the classroom. Hopefully things will work out for the young man.

Dodson? Really??

 

Hopefully this kid is smart enough not to hire an agent.

 

I wouldn't count on it. If he was, he'd likely have enough sense to know he won't be playing in the NBA next season. :idunno:

FWIW, Maggard, so take it with an extremely small grain of salt, says his decision has zero to do with on court issues or his feeling he'll even be drafted.

I talked to someone that I trust at UK and he told me "anything involving Dodson is non-basketball related..."

 

So, whatever that means.

 

Is it money related? If that is the case, he should just by a ticket to Croatia now.

Is this an April fools joke?

 

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I'm confused. I can't find anything official on Dodson like I can on Orton and after readng this thread I am confused. What is Dodson doing? Did he leave school or is he leaving school? It sounds like he isn't going go be in a UK uniform next year but is there anything at all officially stating that? Does Dodson even know he isn't coming back?

I am not sure on this but I think having one and dones will eventually cause them to lose scholalships due to graduation rates. I know Ohio State was down a few due to Oden, Conley and Cook days. That is why they have no bench.

I am not sure on this but I think having one and dones will eventually cause them to lose scholalships due to graduation rates. I know Ohio State was down a few due to Oden, Conley and Cook days. That is why they have no bench.

 

I said this and got blasted. Recruiting all these one and done's will eventually catch up to UK's program. Look at where they are now.

As far as Dodson goes, if he's leaving because of grades, it wouldn't surprise me. That's the reason he went JUCO out of high school instead of to Pitt and playing high major basketball.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

 

If someone has convinced him he will get drafted, sounds like they played the April Fools joke on him.

  • Author
FWIW, Maggard, so take it with an extremely small grain of salt, says his decision has zero to do with on court issues or his feeling he'll even be drafted.

 

Maggard is right on this one.

 

I talked to a good source about it this morning and he says it's "non-basketball related" and it's not set in stone. He's likely gone but its not certain.

I said this and got blasted. Recruiting all these one and done's will eventually catch up to UK's program. Look at where they are now.

 

We'll see. The roster for next year is not set as of right now. I said a few weeks ago that UK wouldn't be anywhere near as good next year, I didn't expect to have a top 5 team even if Bledsoe, Orton, and the players everyone expected to come back were on the team. UK will be better than many outsiders expect, but probably not as good as UK fans hope for.

We'll see. The roster for next year is not set as of right now. I said a few weeks ago that UK wouldn't be anywhere near as good next year, I didn't expect to have a top 5 team even if Bledsoe, Orton, and the players everyone expected to come back were on the team. UK will be better than many outsiders expect, but probably not as good as UK fans hope for.

 

I also said UK will be no where near as good next year as they were this year.

 

I don't think some realize how important Cousins and Patterson were down low with Wall running the offense.

 

Even if UK gets Knight, Selby, and Leslie to go with Poole and Kanter, without Wall, CUz, and Pat, this team will lack a go to guy big time.

I said this and got blasted. Recruiting all these one and done's will eventually catch up to UK's program. Look at where they are now.

 

As long as they're in good academic standing when they leave, it doesn't affect APR.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.