April 1, 201016 yr As long as they're in good academic standing when they leave, it doesn't affect APR. I wasn't referring to the APR. I was referring to the constant turnover of their roster and then scrambling to bring in more top recruits to keep the program at the top. Example: Cal went out to Vegas a few weeks ago to try to speak with Cory Joseph but it was already too late since he had already finalized his list.
April 1, 201016 yr I also said UK will be no where near as good next year as they were this year. I don't think some realize how important Cousins and Patterson were down low with Wall running the offense. Even if UK gets Knight, Selby, and Leslie to go with Poole and Kanter, without Wall, CUz, and Pat, this team will lack a go to guy big time. I hear what you are saying and I somewhat agree with you, but I believe you are also looking at this in an extreme fashion. First off, landing a one-and-done type talent is rare. We all knew Wall had one foot in the draft before he stepped on campus. He is a special talent and only a fool would pass him over. Cousins was 50/50 this time last year. The rest of the gain were expected to be in uniform for multiple seasons. With the exception of Conley and Oden from a few years back, has there ever been another time when two Freshman on the same team have declared for the NBA draft? I think it is safe to say nobody saw the Bledsoe and Orton potential. What UK had in talented Freshman was unprecedented.... really, we have nothing to compare it to. I am not sure anyone can ever pull that rabbit out of a hat again. And if they can, more power to them.
April 2, 201016 yr I hear what you are saying and I somewhat agree with you, but I believe you are also looking at this in an extreme fashion. First off, landing a one-and-done type talent is rare. We all knew Wall had one foot in the draft before he stepped on campus. He is a special talent and only a fool would pass him over. Cousins was 50/50 this time last year. The rest of the gain were expected to be in uniform for multiple seasons. With the exception of Conley and Oden from a few years back, has there ever been another time when two Freshman on the same team have declared for the NBA draft? I think it is safe to say nobody saw the Bledsoe and Orton potential. What UK had in talented Freshman was unprecedented.... really, we have nothing to compare it to. I am not sure anyone can ever pull that rabbit out of a hat again. And if they can, more power to them. :thumb: Well said.
April 2, 201016 yr I've heard Dodson's "partying" and academics are why he's entering the draft. Also heard that Josh Harrelson may have done some things to embarrass Dodson in the public eye of UK fans, which is another reason he's leaving..."to get away from everything.' Take it FWIW but just repeating what I heard from some Uk students who are close to the situation.
April 2, 201016 yr If Harrelson has done things to embarass Dodson in the public eye of UK fans, I'm not sure UK fans know about it or what it is, so it probably didn't work.
April 2, 201016 yr If Harrelson has done things to embarass Dodson in the public eye of UK fans, I'm not sure UK fans know about it or what it is, so it probably didn't work. Not so much UK fans...mainly UK students and his peers. Atleast that's what I've heard from several UK students.
April 2, 201016 yr I like our chances with: Knight Miller Liggins Leslie Kanter Off the bench: Harrelson, Hood, Poole. I wouldn't jump ship with Orton or Bledsoe yet though.
April 2, 201016 yr I like our chances with: Knight Miller Liggins Leslie Kanter Off the bench: Harrelson, Hood, Poole. I wouldn't jump ship with Orton or Bledsoe yet though. I do not like our chances with this lineup. I think we would struggle scoring, and any time you have to look at Harrelson as 1st big off the bench spells trouble in my book.
April 2, 201016 yr I do not like our chances with this lineup. I think we would struggle scoring, and any time you have to look at Harrelson as 1st big off the bench spells trouble in my book. I mean we wouold be a different team in a sense the style we would play. But I forgot to mention we might also get Jones too.
April 2, 201016 yr I thought the dribble drive was designed for a bunch of 3/4 guys who can slash. This year Cal had to adjust his style of play to his personnel. If he can have a bunch of wings next year we might see the real dribble drive.
April 2, 201016 yr I think you are jumping ship way to early lol. You act like this isn't a good problem to have. UK has great and talented basketball players who are going to the NBA, who will be replaced by other very good and great basketball players. I would much rather have this occur every single April & May, than watch our players ship out overseas year after year, rarely to be heard of again except for a "Where are they now" thread. All ya'll who are freaking out...really just need to calm down lol. No wonder everyone hates us lol. This is a very good point except the last part (no wonder everyone hates us....lol). I got almost in a frantic :taz: while reading all these until coming to your post. I think that coming to an end in the Great 8 and the potential to win it all and a 35-3 record is a big jump from the second round of the NIT, way we ended last year and what we could have. I agree though this is a great problem to have, I mean we were 1 consistent shooter away from still being in the bracket. I can't wait to get some more NBA future prospects next year, hopefully more like Wall and Cousins rather than NBA ready like Dodson.:isurrender:
April 2, 201016 yr I do not like our chances with this lineup. I think we would struggle scoring, and any time you have to look at Harrelson as 1st big off the bench spells trouble in my book. Very few times does Coach Cal bring a big man off the bench. This year he did because he had one on the bench just as good as the starter and his style was changed for to better fit his team but traditionally (at Memphis, UMASS) that is not Coach Cals style.
April 2, 201016 yr Very few times does Coach Cal bring a big man off the bench. This year he did because he had one on the bench just as good as the starter and his style was changed for to better fit his team but traditionally (at Memphis, UMASS) that is not Coach Cals style. True, but none the less he still needs a big man he can bring off the bench to match up with other bigs in case of foul trouble. I still think that if Harrelson is that big (1st big man off the bench) UK is in trouble.
April 2, 201016 yr True, but none the less he still needs a big man he can bring off the bench to match up with other bigs in case of foul trouble. I still think that if Harrelson is that big (1st big man off the bench) UK is in trouble. Remember when Reggie Hanson was our big?? :thumb: Cal will adapt to what is needed, even if we don't have a traditional big body to play that role.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.