Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Was Jodie Meeks the Missing Piece of the Puzzle?

Featured Replies

What if Oden and company had stayed at Ohio State???? What if............

  • Replies 56
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could've seen Meeks at the 3 position. Either way, he would have started. Didn't Calapai once say that if Meeks were too stay that he would make him a lottery pick?

What if Oden and company had stayed at Ohio State???? What if............

 

Sounds like a good thread, you should start it.

What if Oden and company had stayed at Ohio State???? What if............

 

I guess we can expect all sorts of these comments. :ohbrother:

What if Oden and company had stayed at Ohio State???? What if............

 

Oden was one of the best big men in college basketball and was taken #1 in the NBA Draft.

 

Jodie Meeks was a very good college basketball player, whom some thought would go undrafted. Huge difference.

Meeks is also great from the free throw line...

Nothing is for certain but you have to believe if he shot the ball like he did last year that yes. He would have given them that consistent jump shooter they lacked. Think about the WVU game. As bad as they played they still had a chance to win that game. If they make a little over half of the FT they missed they win that game. If they make 3 of the 3 pointers they missed they win that game.

I couldn't possibly begin to answer or discuss your question intelligently.

 

I did want to point out that this may be the oddest thing I've ever seen, though:

 

 

Each loss was one exactly month from the last.

 

How weird is that?

That is weird.

Meeks is also great from the free throw line...

 

So was Patterson last year.

 

I agree though, Jodie being a pure shooter shouldn't have lost his shot at the FT line.

Oden was one of the best big men in college basketball and was taken #1 in the NBA Draft.

 

Jodie Meeks was a very good college basketball player, whom some thought would go undrafted. Huge difference.

 

The difference really lies on what were the deficiencies of the following Ohio State squads and would Oden's presence be the "difference" maker for the next Buckeye teams? (Another question would be Oden's injury tendencies that immediately followed)

 

In this particular case UK's one great weakness was a steady outside shooter that could always hit a consistent % if needed. Meeks would have filled that role and his presence and rep would have opened up the middle for more of Cousins, not necessarily less.

I have no doubt he was the missing link. Undefeated, nah, they'd have still lost one or two along the way somehow. But what this team lacked was a consistent outside shooter. There were ones that stepped up at one time or another in Bledsoe, Miller, and Dodson. But none were as consistent as Meeks was. In the end they couldn't shoot their way out of a zone defense that locked them down.

So was Patterson last year.

 

I agree though, Jodie being a pure shooter shouldn't have lost his shot at the FT line.

For all of BCG's flaws, UK shot FTs well in both seasons he was on the sidelines. I am not sure what he did differently. It is not as if Coach Cal just neglected shooting FTs.

For all of BCG's flaws, UK shot FTs well in both seasons he was on the sidelines. I am not sure what he did differently. It is not as if Coach Cal just neglected shooting FTs.

 

I agree, I feel BCG paid more attention to it. Just by reading both coaches media releases in regards to practice.

I couldn't possibly begin to answer or discuss your question intelligently.

 

I did want to point out that this may be the oddest thing I've ever seen, though:

 

 

 

Each loss was one exactly month from the last.

 

How weird is that?

 

 

 

A month and one day on the first one it looks like.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.