Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Was Jodie Meeks the Missing Piece of the Puzzle?

Featured Replies

Sounds like a good thread, you should start it.

 

:lol:

  • Replies 56
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly think we may have had more team chemistry issues earlier on, but that would have been fixed by the time conference play started.

 

It's definitely fun to think about. It would have been interesting to see how well UK had done, and would have been interesting to see where Meeks would have been drafted in 2010. Probably a first-rounder if he had a solid senior season.

I couldn't possibly begin to answer or discuss your question intelligently.

 

I did want to point out that this may be the oddest thing I've ever seen, though:

 

 

 

Each loss was one exactly month from the last.

 

How weird is that?

 

 

 

 

They won't lose on 4/27. If they do, I will be looking around for Rod Serling.

I guess I'll be that guy....I don't think they would've been any better, possibly even worse. I've just never been sold on Jodie as a team first kinda guy. :idunno:

Jody probably was. The sad part is, if he was in the "Henry" role, he is probably drafted just as high as he was last year, if not higher.

I think the team would've been better.

I think Jodie would know his role and not try to overstep that and dominate the ball -- Or at least no more than Eric Bledsoe has done at times this season.

 

John Wall would've had quite a few more assists because some of those kickouts he had would've actually gone in. :lol:

Yes....

 

That about sums it up. But sadly for us UK fans, it didn't happen, won't happen and we have to move on. Would have been fun to see!

I guess I'll be that guy....I don't think they would've been any better, possibly even worse. I've just never been sold on Jodie as a team first kinda guy. :idunno:

 

You beat me to it. I was going to say no, and here is why: Jodie dominated the ball and after doing that for a year, I don't think he would've "passed up shots" the way PP did. The other point of my reasoning is to truly come back for the better of the team you have to be very team first and UK first. I didn't see those traits in Meeks. He wanted out of Lexington as bad as anyone. He first said he would consider going...then said if he is guaranteed a 1st round pick....then still left when it was very obvious that wasn't coming in. I think we would hvae been worse with him this year. I was a big Meeks fan, thought his Jr. year was off the charts....I just think we were better without him.

You beat me to it. I was going to say no, and here is why: Jodie dominated the ball and after doing that for a year, I don't think he would've "passed up shots" the way PP did. The other point of my reasoning is to truly come back for the better of the team you have to be very team first and UK first. I didn't see those traits in Meeks. He wanted out of Lexington as bad as anyone. He first said he would consider going...then said if he is guaranteed a 1st round pick....then still left when it was very obvious that wasn't coming in. I think we would hvae been worse with him this year. I was a big Meeks fan, thought his Jr. year was off the charts....I just think we were better without him.

 

I don't think Meeks was a selfish me-first kinda guy... I think he was just a kid that did everything he could to carry a team and make them a winner, and the prospect of playing for a 3rd coach after all he'd been through in his college career (through Tubby leaving, injuries, the Billy Gillispie experience) was just a little too much for him to want to come back.

 

I don't blame him for that.

I started saying this before they even played a game this year. Jodie on this team would have made it beyond special. He would have actually had open looks instead of running off fifty hook screens a game.

Meeks might have lead to 8 and 9 being hung. Meeks numbers would have lowered Cousins some and in turn might have lead the big boy to stay around another year. Who knows though. Meeks would have changed a lot this year though.

I don't think Meeks was a selfish me-first kinda guy... I think he was just a kid that did everything he could to carry a team and make them a winner, and the prospect of playing for a 3rd coach after all he'd been through in his college career (through Tubby leaving, injuries, the Billy Gillispie experience) was just a little too much for him to want to come back.

 

I don't blame him for that.

 

I totally agree.

I don't remember the timing, was Meeks still here when Wall signed?

I still don't know if his draft status would have been any different, the best shooter on the Natl champs may have bumped it up. Oh well... have to live in reality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.