Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tom Izzo

Featured Replies

I tried to tell Spikes yesterday that Izzo was the best coach going right now. He does so much year in and year out, and never has the top of the line NBA talent that others have. He'll have a player here and there that become a good NBA prospect but nothing like what Coach K, Roy Williams, Cal and others have seen.

 

I think he might be able to take 5 random BGP'ers and make a decent run in the tourney. :lol: This is one of the best coaching jobs of the last few years. I know they haven't had to take down alot of the higher seeds, but I can't imagine other guys taking a key loss like Lucas and making it to the Final Four. I hope they win the Championship. They have definitely earned the right to compete for it.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to argue him not being one of the best. He doesn't have the sexiest teams but they are fundamentally sound and can never be overlooked.

I was shocked in the past when UK had an opening at how many weren't excited about Izzo.

I think he is the best in game coach in college basketball.

 

I would have a hard time finding better... :thumb:

I was shocked in the past when UK had an opening at how many weren't excited about Izzo.

 

Although he wins, he's not real exciting, and coming off of Tubby and Billy I think most people were looking for style over substance. But if Kentucky had hired Izzo at either time, in my opinion the people would have been very happy. He's just a fantastic coach.

 

LCPats and I discussed this Friday night and I think we both agreed that we would want him to coach our team in a must-win at any time.

Izzo has past Coach K as the best coach in college basketball.

 

I think that happened a few years ago.

No dout Izzo is one of the top coaches in the country. He may very well be the best.

Izzo may be the best pure coach in the game. With a few more titles, he has to be considered one of the best all-time tournament (and maybe all) coaches.

Listening to Mike and Mike a few days ago, Greenie was on vacation. Golic asked the fill-in (I want to say it was Gottfried) off the cuff - who is the best "in-game coach" in the game today.

 

First name out of his mouth was Izzo. Then Bo Ryan, Bill Self, Bruce Pearl and Thad Motta. But I thought it was telling that Izzo was the immediate response to what by all appearances was a totally unrehearsed question.

Listening to Mike and Mike a few days ago, Greenie was on vacation. Golic asked the fill-in (I want to say it was Gottfried) off the cuff - who is the best "in-game coach" in the game today.

 

First name out of his mouth was Izzo. Then Bo Ryan, Bill Self, Bruce Pearl and Thad Motta. But I thought it was telling that Izzo was the immediate response to what by all appearances was a totally unrehearsed question.

 

I agree with the Izzo part.

 

Ryan has good "game-plans," but I don't know how good his actual in-game coaching is. Pearl, Self, and Matta are laughable.

Although he wins, he's not real exciting, and coming off of Tubby and Billy I think most people were looking for style over substance. But if Kentucky had hired Izzo at either time, in my opinion the people would have been very happy. He's just a fantastic coach.

 

LCPats and I discussed this Friday night and I think we both agreed that we would want him to coach our team in a must-win at any time.

 

No doubt about it. One game, must win situation. Give me Izzo. He made me a believer last year when I set in my seat at the regional final in Indy and watched Sparty make the Cards look awful. One game after UofL had dropped over 100 puts on Arizona and beat them by nearly 50 pts.:cry:

Went to a coach's clinic a few years ago and Izzo's topic was rebounding and defense.

 

He said a few years ago someone ask him what his secret was to rebounding. He laughed and said "we tell them to go get the darn ball".

 

He then showed a couple of drills that they do but basically go get the ball and he didn't say darn.

Much better game coach than Calipari.

 

Much better game coach than everyone.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.