March 30, 201016 yr Great coach and seems like a great guy. Does a fabulous job with his players. They play hard and play smart.
March 30, 201016 yr Add me to the Izzo admiration list. He consistently gets the job done. I like Izzo. It's hard not to admire what he's accomplished. A few facts on Izzo... He's made two final fours as a #5 seed. He's only lost 3 times to a higher seeded team. One of those was a first round loss to #11 George Mason who went on to the Final Four. Another was to #10 Nevada, who also won their second round game against the #2 seed that year. In the 12 year span, Izzo has won one championship, has lost to the eventual champion twice, has lost to the eventual runner-up three times, and has two more losses to eventual final four teams. He's never had a four-year senior who didn't play in the Final Four. It's interesting though. I wonder what the sentiment would be about Izzo had his 2000 team not won it all. I can remember when Coach K and Duke made the Final Four on a yearly basis it seemed, but always came up short. He started taking some flack for not being able to finish the deal. With Izzo, he got that title out of the way in his second appearance, but if he hadn't, would he be viewed like Coach K was at one time, a guy who can get you there but can't finish? Edited March 30, 201016 yr by 5wide
March 30, 201016 yr I too think Tom Izzo is a great coach... It's weird to me that his team doesn't do better in the regular season, actually. I guess he just thrives off of being the hunter rather than the hunted.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.