Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tom Izzo

Featured Replies

If he isn't in your top three list of best college coaches in the game today, rip up your list and make another one.

 

He does it year after year after year.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the best ever.

I also will bet the African American assistant don't know his name will be getting a job somewhere soon he seems to help do a lot of coaching during the game.

When it comes to just coaching and getting it done in March I think Izzo is the best coach in the country. Now hes not the best recruiter and doesn't have the best personnel year in and year out, but come March he gets it done. If his team and the other team is similar in talent in March his team almost always wins. Now when they beat UK to go to the Final 4 a few years ago and then last year in the Final 4, North Carolina had much better teams and beat them, but I just think hes an excellent coach.

 

Now, I love Calipari and wouldn't trade him for anyone because I think hes the perfect fit for UK, but I love Izzo as a coach too. He does an excellent job.

  • Author

Six Final Fours in the past 12 years

I think he is the best in game coach in college basketball.

Much better game coach than Calipari.

 

While I think Izzo may be the best in game coach in the country, he is able to win without the one and done group. His kids are around long enough to learn the college game and the way he wants it played. I still believe Cal is a great coach, ... but it is hard to argue against Izzo given his record.

 

But tons of my fellow UK fans on here wanted no part of him because he doesn't play an uptempo exciting style. I still find the humorous. Many of my fellow UK fans claim that you measure a coach by final 4's, yet seem to forget that Izzo is a regular participant. To get there as often as he has means the man can flat out coach. He is one my favorites, and it will be hard to cheer against him.

Izzo is a class act and a nice guy, too. I met him several years ago at a summer basketball event, just a few months after he won his national championship. He was a genuine, down-to-earth guy.

 

Glad to see he's continuing to work his magic in East Lansing.

But tons of my fellow UK fans on here wanted no part of him because he doesn't play an uptempo exciting style. I still find the humorous. Many of my fellow UK fans claim that you measure a coach by final 4's, yet seem to forget that Izzo is a regular participant. To get there as often as he has means the man can flat out coach. He is one my favorites, and it will be hard to cheer against him.
Amen.

 

Izzo simply wins ... that's what you want your coach to do, right?

Edited by westsider

Traditionally, if you play for the guy and you don't leave college early, you'll play in a Final Four...that's unreal.

 

He's definitely one of my favorite coaches and I like to see him do well.

He's definitely one of my favorite coaches and I like to see him do well.

 

I feel the same way.

He's the best in the business IMO.

Every year while filling out brackets or placing wagers, a buddy and always say, "Izzo's always a tough out".

That being said, the Spartans were ranked 2 in the preseason, so they did underachieve most of the season. All that is now forgotten.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.