Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Interesting - Curtis Shaw

Featured Replies

Did the guy who sold you your tv also sell you some magic beans?:D

 

 

No, I didn't buy mine from Rob. He wouldn't give me a good enough deal. :lol:

  • Replies 114
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, I didn't buy mine from Rob. He wouldn't give me a good enough deal. :lol:

 

Now that I can believe.:thumb:

Just about, how do you know this? LRCW, I'm beginning to think you have some sort of magical television.

 

:lol:

According to Wall, he asked Shaw to call it both ways and Shaw told him not to say anything else or he would be ejected! Ridiculous!

 

http://vaughtsviews.com/?p=4072

 

Wow. I told my son that it looked like he gave Wall a look. Tough guy ain't he.:rolleyes:

According to Wall, he asked Shaw to call it both ways and Shaw told him not to say anything else or he would be ejected! Ridiculous!

 

http://vaughtsviews.com/?p=4072

 

 

Wow if true that is pathetic. I don't think even Curtis Shaw has that much power though. I don't think you can just eject a player for complaining to an official.

At least he went out with a bang in his final game as an official

 

You aren't talking about Shaw are you?

You will see him Saturday night in one of the games according to my sources.

Shaw will become the supervisor of the Big 12 officials. I read in a couple of places where last week was his last game

Shaw will become the supervisor of the Big 12 officials. I read in a couple of places where last week was his last game

 

Bolded is correct.

Here are your officials for Saturday. I'm not sure who is on what game though:

J. Higgins, J. Luckie, L. Jones, M. Stuart, C. Shaw, R. McCall

 

The Finals will have the following:

J. Cahill, T. Valentine and Kentuckian Tom Eades

Didn't see the Liggins' play. Don't know.

 

But found this on a past article:

 

• Curtis (Inspector Javert) Shaw is out of control. No referee in the country had more than two ejections during the entire season -- except for Shaw, who has now tossed five players or coaches after his shockingly wrong-headed ejection of Stanford coach Trent Johnson in an OT Cardinal win against Marquette. Johnson probably deserved one technical foul when he came out onto the court to argue with the zebras following a disputed foul call. But two in five seconds? No way. Common sense should dictate whether you make such a drastic call, not some nonsense about following the letter of the overly uptight new bench-decorum rules. If Shaw isn't himself "ejected" from the rest of the tournament, organizers will deserve their own red card for rewarding embarrassing refereeing. (And if this basketball thing doesn't work out, Shaw could no doubt have a thriving career refereeing soccer matches in CONCACAF.)

 

Shaw also looked way too satisfied when he handed Marquette's Lawrence Blackledge another dubious T later in the game. He's the worst kind of ref, one who doesn't understand that respect is won by communicating with coaches and players, not T'ing them up at the earliest possible moment.

 

 

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/grant_wahl/03/23/five.things/

 

Looks like this isn't the first tourney where people thought his particular official had quick trigger. :thumb:

Not sure what you're looking for here. I thought Liggin's reaction was deserving of a T.

 

I am pretty sure you are the only person that feels that way other than the ref.

I am pretty sure you are the only person that feels that way other than the ref.

 

I'm 50/50 on this one. As I've said, if Liggins said the magic word/words than C. Shaw has every right to pop him. But if we are going simply on reaction, than it was not deserved.

I'm not sure what Liggins did that was so bad. I saw him react, but I've seen a lot worse go uncalled.

 

:thumb:

 

I thought it was a bad call. In a big game, I think a stern warning would be appropriate before T'ing somebody up for a quick, split-second reaction.

 

Regardless, it didn't cost UK the game so I haven't lost any sleep over it. I was more miffed by the foul that Cousins picked up when he had inside position and the guy went over his back and ended up shooting free throws. Unfortunately, I had to return my TV earlier in the day, so I didn't have the luxury of DVR at the time to rewind.

 

I certainly don't feel like the officiating did UK any favors, but ultimately, when you shoot 4 of 30-something from long range and your opponent gets possessed by Larry Bird, what can you say? :D

I'm 50/50 on this one. As I've said, if Liggins said the magic word/words than C. Shaw has every right to pop him. But if we are going simply on reaction, than it was not deserved.

 

I do agree with that. It didn't really look like he said anything on the replay to me, but it's possible he did. If so, and depending on what he said, I don't have a problem with it.

Bolded is correct.

Here are your officials for Saturday. I'm not sure who is on what game though:

J. Higgins, J. Luckie, L. Jones, M. Stuart, C. Shaw, R. McCall

 

The Finals will have the following:

J. Cahill, T. Valentine and Kentuckian Tom Eades

 

Stuart has called 2 of Duke's last 3 games, surely he won't be on their game in the semifinals as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.