March 24, 201016 yr Fair enough. I would say he certainly wasn't accused of cheating. So as long as you aren't cheating it's ok to beat your players.
March 24, 201016 yr But he was certainly on the hot seat of the university a time or two, and has had the police investigating his actions while hunting a couple of times if I do recall directly. Correct, and I think HATZ hit the issue on the head a few posts ago. Many coaches have issues of one sort or another. Pitino, Knight, Huggins, Bliss, Henson, Haskins, Sutton, etc. come to mind. Some of the problems are personal and may indeed be larger in the big scope of things; however, with the framework of this discussion the truth is that many accusations have been hurled at Cal, and that is a bit unusual from within the coaching fraternity. P.S. I like the new avatar kinglouie.
March 24, 201016 yr Correct, and I think HATZ hit the issue on the head a few posts ago. Many coaches have issues of one sort or another. Pitino, Knight, Huggins, Bliss, Henson, Haskins, Sutton, etc. come to mind. Some of the problems are personal and may indeed be larger in the big scope of things; however, with the framework of this discussion the truth is that many accusations have been hurled at Cal, and that is a bit unusual from within the coaching fraternity. P.S. I like the new avatar kinglouie. I do agree that there have been coach's hurl things in the direction of Coach Cal, maybe even more than most other coach's, but he certainly is not the only one who has had this happen to him. Regardless, he is still the perfect guy for the UK job as there are not many who can handle the spotlight and demands placed on him by the program and fans. Glad you like the new av!
March 24, 201016 yr Correct, and I think HATZ hit the issue on the head a few posts ago. Many coaches have issues of one sort or another. Pitino, Knight, Huggins, Bliss, Henson, Haskins, Sutton, etc. come to mind. Some of the problems are personal and may indeed be larger in the big scope of things; however, with the framework of this discussion the truth is that many accusations have been hurled at Cal, and that is a bit unusual from within the coaching fraternity. P.S. I like the new avatar kinglouie. Because they're human...just like us. No one is perfect, and people who put coaches (or anyone else really) on pedestals are certain to be disappointed at some point or another.
March 25, 201016 yr A few years ago I saw a sports program that stated that Chaney had to drink a half pint of whiskey before every game. In my opinion he was a loud mouth drunk. Looked to me like he had a snoot full during this debacle. Why wasn't he arrested for terroristic threatening. If a drunk white coach had done this his career would have ended right there. No class drunk period.
March 25, 201016 yr Well there was one coach who was so mad at Coach Cal he wanted to kill him and then tried to. With his bare hands. So I guess the Owl coach did not like Coach Cal. The same coach who sent in a goon to injure a player, and the goon actually broke the player's arm??? Yeah, Chaney was a class act himself.
March 25, 201016 yr He is, however, a Hall of Fame coach... Yes, but credentials weren't called into question in this thread, character was. Calipari aien't no saint, but Knight is an arrogant hypocrite and Chaney purposely tried to injure an opposing player, not hurt---injure.
March 25, 201016 yr Yes, but credentials weren't called into question in this thread, character was. Calipari aien't no saint, but Knight is an arrogant hypocrite and Chaney purposely tried to injure an opposing player, not hurt---injure. LRCW questioned what Hall of Fame coaches had an issue with Cal, so it was brought into the thread...
March 25, 201016 yr LRCW questioned what Hall of Fame coaches had an issue with Cal, so it was brought into the thread... Gotcha
March 25, 201016 yr A few years ago I saw a sports program that stated that Chaney had to drink a half pint of whiskey before every game. In my opinion he was a loud mouth drunk. Looked to me like he had a snoot full during this debacle. Why wasn't he arrested for terroristic threatening. If a drunk white coach had done this his career would have ended right there. No class drunk period. C'mon man-that is out of bounds. This thread is supposed to be about Calipari. The drunken deal doesn't fly....check out the UK history of coaches Sutton and BCG.
March 25, 201016 yr C'mon man-that is out of bounds. This thread is supposed to be about Calipari. The drunken deal doesn't fly....check out the UK history of coaches Sutton and BCG. :lol: I'd be curious as to who could win a drinking contest between Sutton and BCG.
March 25, 201016 yr :lol: I'd be curious as to who could win a drinking contest between Sutton and BCG. Sutton Senior or JR. I thought Jr. was on pills?
March 25, 201016 yr C'mon man-that is out of bounds. This thread is supposed to be about Calipari. The drunken deal doesn't fly....check out the UK history of coaches Sutton and BCG. So its out of bounds, and the thread is about Cal, but you bring up Sutton and BCG? Could you contradict yourself more in one post?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.