Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaches not liking Coach Cal

Featured Replies

 

 

Sorry I can't view that from work. Is that Coach Chaney's post game interview?

  • Replies 115
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry I can't view that from work. Is that Coach Chaney's post game interview?

It's Coach Cal's interview where Chaney storms in and tries to fight him...

No agenda-just following the thread which I did not create.

 

Coaches-well respected Hall of Fame coaches, don't like the current boss at UK. Coach Cal had his best seasons wiped away by the NCAA. Your agenda to not address this or the thread is puzzling.:confused:

 

I don't know about the rest of the BGP UK faithful, but I don't really care if the Hall of Fame coaches don't care for Coach Cal. Joe B. Hall likes him and that's all that matters to me lol.

It's Coach Cal's interview where Chaney storms in and tries to fight him...

 

That was funny. I believe they talked later and Chaney didn't kill him. But Chaney did let his emotions get the best of him!

It's Coach Cal's interview where Chaney storms in and tries to fight him...

I'm surprised he didn't send one of his players to do it.

It's Coach Cal's interview where Chaney storms in and tries to fight him...

 

 

Thanks. I was aware of that one, and that just makes Chaney look like a thug IMO. I wouldn't be too concerned about him not liking me.

Knight-hall of fame coach, and coached the USA to a Gold in the olympics as well. Chaney without a doubt a fine coach, not perfect, but also a hall of famer. Calipari just had the 30+ wins at Memphis wiped off the board yesterday from his best season there.

 

Face the facts-you don't hear bad things about Bill Self at Kansas or Tom Izzo at Michigan State.

 

(Scribe-let me save you the post. All just jealous of UK.)

 

Oh yeah-new symbol. :taz:

If you are going to argue character you better come with better examples then Knight and Chaney.

Thanks. I was aware of that one, and that just makes Chaney look like a thug IMO. I wouldn't be too concerned about him not liking me.

 

He is, however, a Hall of Fame coach...

I'm surprised he didn't send one of his players to do it.

 

True. Chaney was definitely old school. He did admit to telling his players to 'punch (Calipari's) players in the mouth'. I won't give the exact quote due to the language involved. Chaney also admitted against St. Joseph's that he would go old school and 'send in the goons'. When the kid for St. Joseph's ended up with a fractured arm, Chaney suspended himself for a game, then the university suspended him for the remainder of that season. He later called Calipari his friend. Interesting guy.

If you are going to argue character you better come with better examples then Knight and Chaney.

 

I think they are coaches of the highest character. Never once was coach Knight on the hot seat with the NCAA, and he and Indiana won three NCAA crowns.

I think they are coaches of the highest character. Never once was coach Knight on the hot seat with the NCAA, and he and Indiana won three NCAA crowns.

 

Come on...Knight choked a kid and threw chairs out onto the playing floor in the middle of the game.

 

Just because you weren't on the hot seat with the NCAA for recruiting violations, doesn't mean that you weren't a jerk. I still think he's a great choice, but to say he has high character is a joke.

I think they are coaches of the highest character. Never once was coach Knight on the hot seat with the NCAA, and he and Indiana won three NCAA crowns.

 

For me, character is defined by broader terms than NCAA infractions. That's just my personal opinion. :thumb:

Come on...Knight choked a kid and threw chairs out onto the playing floor in the middle of the game.

 

Just because you weren't on the hot seat with the NCAA for recruiting violations, doesn't mean that you weren't a jerk. I still think he's a great choice, but to say he has high character is a joke.

 

Fair enough. I would say he certainly wasn't accused of cheating.

I think they are coaches of the highest character. Never once was coach Knight on the hot seat with the NCAA, and he and Indiana won three NCAA crowns.

 

But he was certainly on the hot seat of the university a time or two, and has had the police investigating his actions while hunting a couple of times if I do recall directly.

Fair enough. I would say he certainly wasn't accused of cheating.

 

There are plenty of guys in the sports world who have never been accused of cheating...that doesn't make them good guys with high morale character.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.