March 23, 201016 yr There is no point to the original quote. I am not jealous of Kentucky in the least and have had family members graduate from UK, but every time there is a negative note on UK that same quote gets tiresome. Every fan of their school could type that in the thread against their program and it would not be true. Mods should defend mods though. :lol: I am even more concerned with that mods name as that appears to be in conflict with the same few words written. Then obviously you didn't have any relatives play basketball at UK.:ylsuper:
March 23, 201016 yr There is no point to the original quote. I am not jealous of Kentucky in the least and have had family members graduate from UK, but every time there is a negative note on UK that same quote gets tiresome. Every fan of their school could type that in the thread against their program and it would not be true. Mods should defend mods though. :lol: I am even more concerned with that mods name as that appears to be in conflict with the same few words written. Perhaps you should get to know TheScribe a little better. He is being sarcastic when he says that. :lol:
March 23, 201016 yr Can you imagine if there were message boards when Adolph Rupp was the coach and there was a thread or threads about coaches who didn't like the UK coach? There would be servers having meltdowns across the Commonwealth.
March 23, 201016 yr Perhaps you should get to know TheScribe a little better. He is being sarcastic when he says that. :lol: :thumb: It is a shot at the UK fans who do think everyone hates UK.
March 23, 201016 yr :thumb: It is a shot at the UK fans who do think everyone hates UK. I think that is a conspiracy too...
March 23, 201016 yr Then obviously you didn't have any relatives play basketball at UK.:ylsuper: Spindoc, they could be in the 31%! :lol:
March 23, 201016 yr And for the purposes of the thread, if you can take your Big Blue sunglasses off long enough, you too might find it interesting that at least two hall of fame coaches-Knight (who has 3 titles-none vacated), and Chaney (no titles) have ripped your boy Cal pretty good. Oh yeah-they are jealous of UK. If he wins, and I hope he doesn't-the NCAA will be all over him like they have been at every other stop in his career. By then, he will have gone off to?????:banana: You picked two really good ones to use as examples. Knight (who has 3 titles-none vacated, and also executes the sleeper move to perfection on his players). Chaney (no titles, but knows how to take out a player with the use of a goon better then anyone). Couple of real classy guys there. OH, I almost forgot my :banana:
March 23, 201016 yr You know, the more I sit back and think about the big picture here, there IMO really are not many coach's/programs who can sit back and throw stones. Coach's and programs are under such pressure to win, that they both have done a lot of bad things. This has happened in the past, and will continue to happen as our college and even high school sports become more professionalized. What I am referring to with this is that there is so much money involved. Kids are all expected to get scholarships and play D1, and then play a year and go pro - the kids, programs and coach's are all having so much pressure placed on them. IMO High school and college games which used to be so much fun to watch, are slowly losing that fun feel to them. I know I am not saying this right but maybe you guys can grasp what I am trying to say. So to Coach Cal - I love the guy - does he have a perfect past - no - but -is he the perfect guy for the UK job - yea. The program expects so much from their Coach - and with the way Cal enjoys the spotlight - he is perfect fit IMO
March 23, 201016 yr Perhaps you should watch the game again. Wall did get the rebound. Wall was not the first UK player to touch the ball, it was Patterson who made a great spin move to out hustle the Miss St. who would have gotten the rebound if he would have blocked out Patterson. The Patterson deflection on the rebound enabled Wall to get the ball, miss the shot short and resulted in Cousins putting in the air ball. Just watched it again for the 121st time, and it's still fun to watch. What a play. The Miss. St. player without a doubt should have gotten the rebound, but he got out hustled.
March 23, 201016 yr Wall was not the first UK player to touch the ball, it was Patterson who made a great spin move to out hustle the Miss St. who would have gotten the rebound if he would have blocked out Patterson. The Patterson deflection on the rebound enabled Wall to get the ball, miss the shot short and resulted in Cousins putting in the air ball. Just watched it again for the 121st time, and it's still fun to watch. What a play. The Miss. St. player without a doubt should have gotten the rebound, but he got out hustled. What was it you said? Woulda, coulda, shoulda? The fact remains that Wall got the rebound, and you stated otherwise.
March 23, 201016 yr What was it you said? Woulda, coulda, shoulda? The fact remains that Wall got the rebound, and you stated otherwise. Actually wasn't me, was repeating what Cal said last night on his radio program, and I agree with him. Wall crossing over to early did not affect the play. If Pat doesn't make a great play, UK loses. I was just making the point that Wall was not the first one to touch the ball as many people think. Guess I am wrong along with Cal.
March 23, 201016 yr Actually wasn't me, was repeating what Cal said last night on his radio program, and I agree with him. Wall crossing over to early did not affect the play. If Pat doesn't make a great play, UK loses. I was just making the point that Wall was not the first one to touch the ball as many people think. Guess I am wrong along with Cal. Did Coach Cal state that Wall didn't get the rebound? You did. Thought you might bring that one up. Wall didn't even get the rebound,
March 23, 201016 yr Did Coach Cal state that Wall didn't get the rebound? You did. Did Cal state that Wall didn't get the rebound? Yes he did. Did he post it on BGP, not he didn't, I did. Guess nobody has every posted anything on there that was not heard or read somewhere else? BTW, how do you like DTV?
March 23, 201016 yr Did Cal state that Wall didn't get the rebound? Yes he did. Did he post it on BGP, not he didn't, I did. Guess nobody has every posted anything on there that was not heard or read somewhere else? BTW, how do you like DTV? Then yes Coach Cal is wrong too because Wall did in fact get the rebound. I love DTV. Can't wait till baseball season.
March 24, 201016 yr You know, the more I sit back and think about the big picture here, there IMO really are not many coach's/programs who can sit back and throw stones. Coach's and programs are under such pressure to win, that they both have done a lot of bad things. This has happened in the past, and will continue to happen as our college and even high school sports become more professionalized. What I am referring to with this is that there is so much money involved. Kids are all expected to get scholarships and play D1, and then play a year and go pro - the kids, programs and coach's are all having so much pressure placed on them. IMO High school and college games which used to be so much fun to watch, are slowly losing that fun feel to them. I know I am not saying this right but maybe you guys can grasp what I am trying to say. So to Coach Cal - I love the guy - does he have a perfect past - no - but -is he the perfect guy for the UK job - yea. The program expects so much from their Coach - and with the way Cal enjoys the spotlight - he is perfect fit IMO Don't often agree with you KingL, but do here. Coach Cal is the perfect coach at UK, because after the final years of Tubby and then BCG, the KENTUCKY FANS couldn't care a less who coaches or how they get it done, but WIN, WIN, WIN. Perfect environment for Cal!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.