Very Interesting

firstregionking

Yes, but those kids dont go to that school to play football, Just like I am sure there are kids at X and T that "walk the halls but dont" AND trust me just because a kid is a good or great athlete does not make him a a great football player. I know you are going to say well it does if he had great coaches like we do, but you be be wrong again. We have had kids come out for spring that are great basketball, or are 6'7 300 and can move, BUT if the kid does not have the internal motovation or does not like contact "which knock... IS the name of the game" then old Vince can come from the grave and coach the kid and he still would not be a football player. And by the way X and T have over 1600 BOYS "walking the Halls" where the biggest public school would have at best 850 Boys. So X and T again have the advantage on the "hall walkers" to motovate to come out. Thanks for bringing it up, I wouldnt have thought of another advantage they have untill you mentioned the "hall - walkers"

Pete, I will never argue with you that we have a numbers advantage (although I do wish you would use the correct number of 1400 instead of 1600...are you a fisherman? :lol:) On the other hand you should not stick your head in the sand and say that you do not have more athletic bodies roaming the halls of Manual than we do. It's time to get REAL! :cool:

Just a rebuttal but:

The top 1-3 may be equal. That however does not make a team. My second guess is that many of the top caliber players in private don't play, they are secure enough personally and financially to stop their playing career in high school and just work on their education. (I personally fell into this category and know of several others.)

I always hate this comparison. If that’s the case then UK does not get the top players because other schools have many more NBA players.

I’m with you though lets keep it as is.

Let’s find out in 10-20 how many schools drop their programs. If we ignore the problem maybe it will go away.

Apparently the list is proof that "the overwhelming majority of talent" still stays with "the majority of schools (what a shock)"?? Maybe someone needs to learn to coach better??

I'd be ashamed if I was a public school (in this argument) supporter!!

I'd be ashamed if I was a public school (in this argument) supporter!!

Defininately not ashamed to be a public school supporter. Comparing apples and oranges here. Top to bottom. Tops may be equal but the middle and bottom are nowhere near equal. (I'm speaking of those schools with boundries, I think all schools should have the same 20 mile radius.)

Maybe someone needs to learn to coach better??

The publics already have the best coaches IMO. That is the only reason they can get close to competing with the less talented athletes.

The publics already have the best coaches IMO. That is the only reason they can get close to competing with the less talented athletes.

Two of the private schools, St. X. and trinity, have a numbers advantage in boys sports, but the rest of the private schools statewide have no such advantage. The public schools, however, offset this advantage by having far more students with high athletic potential. Their major problem has been in developing this talent, which can be attributed mainly to a lack of parental support and to a lesser degree, inferior coaching. :cool:

Yes, but those kids dont go to that school to play football, Just like I am sure there are kids at X and T that "walk the halls but dont" AND trust me just because a kid is a good or great athlete does not make him a a great football player. I know you are going to say well it does if he had great coaches like we do, but you be be wrong again. We have had kids come out for spring that are great basketball, or are 6'7 300 and can move, BUT if the kid does not have the internal motovation or does not like contact "which knock... IS the name of the game" then old Vince can come from the grave and coach the kid and he still would not be a football player. And by the way X and T have over 1600 BOYS "walking the Halls" where the biggest public school would have at best 850 Boys. So X and T again have the advantage on the "hall walkers" to motovate to come out. Thanks for bringing it up, I wouldnt have thought of another advantage they have untill you mentioned the "hall - walkers"

One disadvantage I have always felt the public schools have compared to the Catholic schools in high school football is the percentage of boys that play football at the public schools. For example, St. X has about 1500 boys in their school. About 130 play varsity football (although they do not have uniforms for all of these players, but the players practice with the team using different uniforms). In other words about 8.7% of the boys eligible to play on the football team at St. X do so. Now, because of the lack of uniforms only about 100 suit up. If a public school with 850 boys had the same percentage of players the school would have about 74 boys playing on the team. There really is not much of an advantage to having 100 boys suit up for a game and 74 boys suit up for a game. It should be much easier for the public schools to have a higher percentage of boys playing because a number of boys at St. Xavier have to work after school to pay tuition and there is no tuition at public schools. :sssh:

Defininately not ashamed to be a public school supporter. Comparing apples and oranges here. Top to bottom. Tops may be equal but the middle and bottom are nowhere near equal. (I'm speaking of those schools with boundries, I think all schools should have the same 20 mile radius.)

You're obviously from NKY, so I'll pose this question to you. Who do you think has the most "out-of-district" athletes in NKY?

First I'm doubtful the 20 mile rule would change squat in NKY, as its not that big--geographicly.

Please READ my posts, before taking offense regarding the public school supporter thing. I support a couple of publics, especially in football. Just saying it's silly to punish the entire private school spectrum, due to problems with a few!!

You're obviously from NKY, so I'll pose this question to you. Who do you think has the most "out-of-district" athletes in NKY?

First I'm doubtful the 20 mile rule would change squat in NKY, as its not that big--geographicly.

Please READ my posts, before taking offense regarding the public school supporter thing. I support a couple of publics, especially in football. Just saying it's silly to punish the entire private school spectrum, due to problems with a few!!

Since publics are the only ones who have districts its obvious.

I'm trying to keep things equal by giving everyone a 20 mile radius. What is good for one is also good for the other. I agree that little will change in Nky with the 20 mile radius.

Why not try this though. If it does not work then we can try and find another resolution. It's the least restrictive and is equal to all.

As I have mentioned, I don't think any of the props are the answer to the problem. I think the first thing we need to agree on is that there is a problem, and then work collectively to solve the problem. We are dealing with extremes right now, and those are definatly not the answers

Since publics are the only ones who have districts its obvious.

I'm trying to keep things equal by giving everyone a 20 mile radius. What is good for one is also good for the other. I agree that little will change in Nky with the 20 mile radius.

Why not try this though. If it does not work then we can try and find another resolution. It's the least restrictive and is equal to all.

As I have mentioned, I don't think any of the props are the answer to the problem. I think the first thing we need to agree on is that there is a problem, and then work collectively to solve the problem. We are dealing with extremes right now, and those are definatly not the answers

Only the BC district in NKY has lines. Every other district has open enrollment.

Should get the award for most generalized insult on BGP :madman:
That would be true unless you happen to be one of the “less talented” public school athletes that happen to read this thread…

Ooops! :lol:

j/k oldschool... I just thought we could use a laugh here... :lol:

That would be true unless you happen to be one of the “less talented” public school athletes that happen to read this thread…

Ooops! :lol:

j/k oldschool... I just thought we could use a laugh here... :lol:

true dat, in todays era I wouldn't even make a dent. :cry:

In the stone age we didn't need much talent. :D

Only the BC district in NKY has lines. Every other district has open enrollment.

I think we need a definition of open enrollment. Open enrollment to me means you can decline anyone you want and except anyone you want.

This definition does not apply to any public schools.

Kenton only has limited open enrollment between thier 3 high schools.

Beechwood must except those inside thier district lines, and will accept others (from what I hear)

Highlands: See above.

Campbell does not have open enrollment.

I also think that those that accept out of district students they must have an agreement with the school they should attend.