March 21, 201016 yr I understand, I am just saying I have watched 3 press conferences of Cal and all he has talked about is playing freshmen. I just want him to know he isn't the first person to have to coach a bunch of freshmen. How many coaches that have started 3 freshmen? A lot. How many coaches that have started 3 freshmen and had a legit shot at winning a national championship? Not many.
March 21, 201016 yr Although our FT Shooting was horrendous, everything else was near picture-perfect. Great day to be a Cat! As long as they are up by 29-30 pts. They can throw it up there for all I care. Go Big Blue! Tougher games ahead be ready! Recruits are watching! :popcorn: :ylsuper:
March 21, 201016 yr UK has played solid this weekend. I can't see them getting beat the rest of the way. Someone please explain to Coach Cal that UK isn't the only team to have freshmen. I listen to his post game and all he wants to talk about is how this team is young and how this is the first time they have played in the Tourney. We understand that Coach, but there have been other teams playing freshman as well. Theres some people out there that even when given something good they still have something negative to say. Always got to find something.:laugh:
March 21, 201016 yr I understand, I am just saying I have watched 3 press conferences of Cal and all he has talked about is playing freshmen. I just want him to know he isn't the first person to have to coach a bunch of freshmen. I don't understand what the problem is with him talking about it. Not too many coaches do this well when having to start 3 freshmen. Also, I think he is sandbagging a bit when he talks about these things. He doesn't want to hype the team up and give them the big heads. He's keeping his young guys grounded.
March 21, 201016 yr I just hope they haven't peaked to soon. It sure is good to see them put teams away. They played lights out! If Miller and Bledsoe shoot the way they've been shooting they will be a very tough out!
March 21, 201016 yr I understand, I am just saying I have watched 3 press conferences of Cal and all he has talked about is playing freshmen. I just want him to know he isn't the first person to have to coach a bunch of freshmen. Have you heard the questions asked? He could be answering questions about them being young. Not a big deal.
March 21, 201016 yr I take it the over/under was 150? Started at 151 and by tip it had been driven to 147, went from a push to the over.
March 21, 201016 yr I just hope they haven't peaked to soon. It sure is good to see them put teams away. They played lights out! If Miller and Bledsoe shoot the way they've been shooting they will be a very tough out! How can you peak too soon in the NCAA tournament?
March 21, 201016 yr How can you peak too soon in the NCAA tournament? Good point, maybe all the teams at home after the 1st round should have peaked earlier.?:idunno:
March 21, 201016 yr What's up with all the Orton to NBA talk there has been the last week. Is there a chance we lose 5 early defections this year?
March 21, 201016 yr UK has played solid this weekend. I can't see them getting beat the rest of the way. Someone please explain to Coach Cal that UK isn't the only team to have freshmen. I listen to his post game and all he wants to talk about is how this team is young and how this is the first time they have played in the Tourney. We understand that Coach, but there have been other teams playing freshman as well. I think those comments are as much, IF NOT MORE SO, for his players more so than anything else.
March 21, 201016 yr I think those comments are as much, IF NOT MORE SO, for his players than anything else. Usually!!!:thumb:
March 21, 201016 yr What's up with all the Orton to NBA talk there has been the last week. Is there a chance we lose 5 early defections this year? Worry about that in June.
March 21, 201016 yr UK has played solid this weekend. I can't see them getting beat the rest of the way. Someone please explain to Coach Cal that UK isn't the only team to have freshmen. I listen to his post game and all he wants to talk about is how this team is young and how this is the first time they have played in the Tourney. We understand that Coach, but there have been other teams playing freshman as well. True, ... but name a younger team in the NCAA tourney. I will say this, ... the team appears to be on a mission. Every player on the team seems totally focused and of one mindset. These two games have been extremely impressive.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.